PDA

View Full Version : Upper wishbone arms question

jerrybny
11-23-2004, 07:45 AM
OK folks, I've committed the ulimate home mechnic error. I removed the upper wishbone arms from the passenger side and forgot to mark which was the front and which was the rear.
How can I tell which is the front and which is the back. I'm assumming it matters since Moss lists different parnt numbers for them. Please forgive me oh great mechnic in the sky.

Yellowdog
11-23-2004, 09:44 AM
I went through the same thing about ten years ago, could have done it again very easily without the photo records i have kept. Things happen. The upper wishbone has an 'offset' to the rear of the car. The front piece has the bigger curve, while the rear is the straighter section.

Hope this makes sense???

jerrybny
11-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Yes, that makes sense though I noticed that the arm that has the larger curve has a R stamped on one side and a L on the oppsite side. Curious what those are for. The straighter piece has no stampings on it.on

Cain
11-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I just R&Red mine a couple of weeks ago and noticed the R & L as well. It seems that it would denote right and left, but right and left of what exactly I don't know. I'd like to know this answer as well.

Roger
11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Same piece eiher side of the car (R & L), marking tells you which way up?

jerrybny
11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
OK I solved the mystery about the R and L. I talked with the technical staff at the Roadster Factory. The arm with the R and L is the front arm . If your installing it on the right side(passegner) then the R would be pointing up. ERGO, the L would be facing up if used on the left side.

Roger
11-24-2004, 02:48 PM
That's what I said.