PDA

View Full Version : Rubber parts

Aggudabbu
09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi guys,

I'm just about to start assembling my sprite MK1 after a complete overhaul, and need to replace all the "rubber parts" non mechanical related in the engine compartment and was wondering if there are any complete kits and online distributors with all the replacements you need or do I need to by them separately?

Sorry if it sound fussy, but I'm having a hard time and a limited vocabulary regarding "engineering English" :smile:

//Alex

jlaird
09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
No kits, gota buy each one.

Hay, no engineers here so you will be in good company.

smaceng
09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey Jack,
Sorry to say, but I R one, but I can play both sides of the fence!
Scott in CA

Sarastro
09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Ummm....yeah, there are a couple of us engineers here. We try to stay anonymous, but it doesn't always work....!

jlaird
09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Hmmm, Bugeyes and engineers. Wonder how that works.

JPSmit
09-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Hmmm, Bugeyes and engineers. Wonder how that works.

I'm sure they just cry a lot :jester:

58Custom
09-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Design engineer here, and I have had to deal with products compromised for low cost production before so the A series is no big deal. Besides, making old stuff run is fun.

Odd that there are no engine compartment rubber kits.

smaceng
09-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Try AHSpares over the pond, on your side, for good stuff. MacGregor British Car Parts, in Canada, is good with the stuff they have. No interest, just those two I have found better than most.
Engineer, only because I was a gearhead out of the chute. Couldn't do anything else!
Scott in CA

Aggudabbu
10-01-2010, 03:24 AM
All right, I got some feedback on a UK forum and found a 33 piece firewall grommet set that one of the guys recommended, not necessarily especially cheap but will at least save me a lot of trouble since they also have a branch in Sweden although I've never heard of them.

https://www.angloparts.com/en/search/find...amp;Submit=find (https://www.angloparts.com/en/search/find?selection=partnumber&searchtext=121.002&catal ogue=0&searchmode=all&Submit=find)