PDA

View Full Version : Bugeye rear ends 100-6 (needs a bonnet)

Trevor Jessie
09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
From my local Healey club...

A couple of Healeys were on their way to an AHCA event. The fellow in the 100-6 slows abruptly while taking an exit ramp, the bugeye (that may have been following too close) rear-ends the 100-6. The 100-6's bumper does a very good job protecting the car's bodywork. However, the poor bugeye has his bonnet pretty well smashed-in beyond reasonable repair. The irony here is that the driver of the bugeye is the father of the guy driving the 100-6.

Anyway... the accident is going to be filed on his insurance and he is in need of a good steel bonnet. If anyone has any leads, please let me know and I'll pass them on to him.

Thanks,
Trevor

PS He is located in Louisville KY, but I'd assume he'd consider having one freighted in if it is a good example

Morris
09-17-2010, 02:04 PM
His first mistake was to let junior drive the 100-6. Tsk. Tsk.

Trevor Jessie
09-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Jr purchased the 100-6 with his own money. Sr has had the bugeye since Jr was a toddler.

09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
gotta hurt either way. Aren't "they" still making new ones in England?

RickB
09-17-2010, 04:43 PM
AH Spares lists them in steel and fiberglass.

(shipping would be a beyotch though)

mightymidget
09-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Most insurance companies won't pay claims on vehicles owned by members of the same family involved in an accident. This could be expensive

Whitephrog
09-18-2010, 07:18 AM
www.speedwellengineering.com/fiberglass/ (https://www.speedwellengineering.com/fiberglass/)

vagt6
09-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Most insurance companies won't pay claims on vehicles owned by members of the same family involved in an accident. This could be expensive

??? Not sure what you mean here. If his Sprite's auto insurance policy has collision coverage, his claim will be paid. All cars listed on the policy are covered.

Trevor Jessie
09-18-2010, 07:52 AM
He wants a steel bonnet.

I do not see how the family relationship matters. They are both adults living in separate households with separate policies.

09-18-2010, 11:06 AM

??? Not sure what you mean here. If his Sprite's auto insurance policy has collision coverage, his claim will be paid. All cars listed on the policy are covered.

I think that might be because of fraud.

Need some cash? Just have Jr. back into your car. It also may be if both cars are on the same policy.

mightymidget
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
read your Insurance policy.
I know 1st hand a grandson who ran a light crahing into grandma's car at a intersection (freaky I know) Insurance would not pay..also checked into taking adjusters test so I studied the manuals, in North Carolina & South Carolina it is a fact

09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
read your Insurance policy.
I know 1st hand a grandson who ran a light crahing into grandma's car at a intersection (freaky I know) Insurance would not pay..also checked into taking adjusters test so I studied the manuals, in North Carolina & South Carolina it is a fact

Maybe Grandmaw cut out the cookie baking or something.

Sounds like lawyer time.