PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Certificate

smaceng
09-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Has anyone received a Heritage Certificate for a BE?
I'm looking to added the Body Number (right door pillar) and the Commission Number (left door pillar) plates to my car. My car # is 30409. Did you certificate list either of these #s? It is my understanding that the factory did not record the Commision Number, did it list the Body #?
thanks,
Scott in CA

PS Can you post a copy of your Certificate, or let just me see it to get an idea what is listed?

Whitephrog
09-07-2010, 06:45 AM
www.spritespot.com/gallery/view_photo.ph...age_Certificate (https://www.spritespot.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Whitephrog-off-to-the-stripper&id=Heritage_Certificate)

The_architect
09-07-2010, 07:36 AM
HI Scott
I got one a few months ago. Sent in the VIN number, body number, etc. In fact, Richard, the archivist at British Heritage, was able to track down information on my body number. And I found out my VIN tag and my body tag do not seem belong to the same car.

My VIN number belongs to a tan car that was shipped to Dusseldorf in 1960.

Well, There is no trace of tan anywhere on the car. My car is red--everywhere it has not been repainted blue--under the dash, transmission tunnel, behind the seats, under the brush painted engine compartment. My engine had been switched to a 1275 at some point, so the engine number was irrelevant.

When I queried Richard he very kindly tracked down information on the body number, and it was in fact a red car that was delivered to the U.S. also in 1960. Its VIN number differs from mine by about 10,000.

Richard says that it was quite common for cars to be 'reshelled'... which is an explanation I am glad to accept as opposed to the other alternative, foul play. But if it was reshelled they sure didn't seem to use very many components from the tan car!

Good luck
Charlie

ichthos
09-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Scott,
I ordered a heritage certificate for bugeye too. It took about a month to get it after ordering it on line. They included chasis number, engine number, body number, and even listed factory fitted equipment. These included such things a whitewall tyres, front, bumper, and heater. It was nice to know my car was fairly original.
Kevin