PDA

View Full Version : Being tempted away from the straight and true.

MattP
11-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Just down from my house, there is a raggedy old domestic car. Why does it tempt me? It is Christine. That tempts my shamelessly dark sence of humor just a bit too much. Especially at $500 US.

I must be strong. It is not Little, nor is it British, but paintjob and a little red neon behind the grill, and Ooooo, Yeah.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Bugeye58
11-14-2004, 10:10 PM
You better go back and re-read the book, Matt.
Although, now that I think about it, all of my LBC's are haunted in some arcane way or another.
Jeff

MattP
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I know. I know. But still...

I can take Christine, that would be nifty. But I still can't deal very well with those little cymbol-playing monkeys without cringing. Go fig.

Sherlock
11-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Can you really resist Matt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

[seen around Calgary regularly during the summer...]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/1485299_a4a6089fac.jpg

RVMAN
11-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Does it have those weird little "push buttons" for the transmission, or is it a stickshift? The reason I wondered is, just how difficult is it getting unique electrical parts like some of the automatic models had? All that aside though, my cousin had a Plymouth Fury(?) in 1958 with the auto tranny/push button set up. He used it to run Moonshine out of Tenn. He gave me a ride in it that still makes me wake up in a sweat... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifoutstanding car, idiot cousin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif These are neat cars...go for it!!!

MattP
11-15-2004, 07:47 AM
I haven't let myself look at it yet. But I probably will in the next few days. If it isn't running it is out of my question. I don't currently have local for that kind of thing.

Mickey Richaud
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Having grown up in that decade, I remember that one well. The dual headlights caused quite a stir when they were introduced, and Chrysler definitely made a statement with their styling back then. I'd love to have that as a daily driver.

Mickey

thegoodbeamer
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
For $500 I would definitly go for it.Looks to be real nice.

aeronca65t
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Two Words:

"Tow Vehicle".

...for that Little British (race) Car that you *really* need.

MattP
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For $500 I would definitly go for it.Looks to be real nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pictures are not the one on offer. The $500 one sits a few blocks away from me in primer. Goodness, I hope that is primer at least. I had a long shift last night and am already back. It looks to be this weekend before I can big any deeper on it. If it is still there.

mailbox
11-15-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifoutstanding car, idiot cousin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[ QUOTE ]

I've ridden with a few of those!!!!

MattP
11-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Sorry to report that the car is not in running conditon. I really can't take on a project like that on top of the house, in my garageless condition.

Sigh.