PDA

View Full Version : 67 jaguar 420

starapex
10-30-2001, 01:49 AM
I have a 67 jaguar that is original. We have classic plates on it as it meets the original car criteria. The plus is that insurance is about one third the cost.
Having problems with carburation does anyone know a rebuilder in western Canada.
I cleaned them but am having a problem with a high idle.
I have it parked most of the time but when I do drive it I get the thumb up from lots of people.
I must say that it is a solid smooth riding car. There is a quality that shines with the solid thump of just closing a door.
HI YOU ALL
Starapex

Wingtip
10-30-2001, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by starapex:
I have a 67 jaguar that is original. We have classic plates on it as it meets the original car criteria. The plus is that insurance is about one third the cost.
Having problems with carburation does anyone know a rebuilder in western Canada.
I cleaned them but am having a problem with a high idle.
I have it parked most of the time but when I do drive it I get the thumb up from lots of people.
I must say that it is a solid smooth riding car. There is a quality that shines with the solid thump of just closing a door.
HI YOU ALL
Starapex

I was about to ask you what model you have, but then I noticed you included that in the subject of your post. Wish I could help with a rebuilder, but I don't know anyone in Western Canada.
By the way, welcome to the forum! This place is starting to get some activity finally. I think you'll like it here as most members are pretty friendly and helpful.

George

[This message has been edited by Wingtip (edited 10-29-2001).]

starapex
11-01-2001, 01:28 AM
I posted a picture of the car on www.starapex.com (https://www.starapex.com)

Basil
11-01-2001, 01:36 AM
Well well, we have something in common besides a love of Jags - I too own a Rickenbacker guitar. What model is yours?

Basil

------------------
https://www.britishcarforum.com/files/basil.gif
1967 Jaguar E-Type OTS
1E13333, Silver Blue

starapex
11-01-2001, 02:44 AM
Basil
I was never asked that question before. It is a six string made in the U.S.A. with Rick O sound (will play through two amps) It has a A5 on it probably the model number and it has a serial number 9745. It is a great sounding guitar. I bought it 2nd hand about 10 years ago.

I have a Japanese Martin 12 string guitar that that I use 90 % of the time. About twenty years ago I bought a Fender 12 string without strings for $90. I erring put the strings on it wrong. Rather than light E string heavy E string I put them in a heavy light order.

Someone wanted that guitar so much that they broke the window on my truck to get it. They left my tools. (I guess they don't know what to do with tools)

I bought the Martin guitar and it wasn't a real guitar until I changed it.

The 12 string strung properly just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

This is a great site I was just reading a topic about brakes and that is my next project.

Do you want a link from my site?

Take care

Starapex

Basil
11-01-2001, 03:12 AM
Sure, I'd love to have a link. By the way, since this is obviously going off the topic of Jaguars, I'm going to move this thread to the "Free for All forum." I'll add more of a reply there. Just go look in the "Free For All" forum for this thread....