PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Vintage GP

TRclassic3
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Going to making the longest drive yet in the 2500M since acquiring it. Looking forward to it. Nothing like a 4 hour drive with a 2500M in 90 plus degree weather. May need to take a couple of cool down breaks along the way.

Hey Ralph, as a result of our conversation in Gettysburg I checked my timeing and plugs. Found the plugs were indicating way too hot and in fact were hotter than stock calls for. Changed those. In addition I advanced the timing. What a world of difference! Car is now MUCH more friendly to drive.

ralph_s
07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Excellent, I know it made a world of difference for me.
Nice show at Gettysburg w/ a good turnout. Did you see the white TVR? Just noticed him leaving and didn't get to speak w/ him. Had MD plates on the car.
Your car looked great and the interior is sweet. I liked the center console modification.
The longest drive I've made is 2 hours. It was hot & humid and seems like 2 hours was my limit w/o a break!! Sure would be easier w/ an OD unit!!!!

aeronca65t
07-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Guys:

I was there.

Saw a few TVRs there: street I think....I'll have to look through my pictures.
I'll post my pictures and more vids from the PVGP when I get home.
Meanwhile, here's one from last Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/v/3kViG9VwizcG9Vwizc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

DART
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Ralph, were you at the LANCO B.I.G show at the outlets? That one is always a great laid-back no vote show.

ralph_s
07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Yep, great venue and always a nice turnout. I was there w/ my green 77 2500M TVE &amp; Ed (TEclassic3) was there w/ his yellow version. I liked the blue Marcos, one sharp looking car, but looks about as easy to get into as a TVR!!!!

Twosheds
07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Here is the Marcos Ralph mentioned. A real sweetheart: