PDA

View Full Version : How about a new member section ???

abarth69
10-29-2004, 09:22 PM
How about a new member introduction section.
It would let new members say a few words about there cars and interests.Sort of break the ice.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

1950 2.5 Riley
1959 Fiat Abarth
1959 Fiat Abarth
1968 Bonneville
1962 997 Cooper

Henri
10-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Everybody is a new member at one time or another...I think what "new" members should do...is introduce themselves to everyone...when they sign up...most reponses will be positive...plus it helps the "newbie" start...plus there may be questions asked that he or she can respond to...and then the process continues...

Basil if you are reading this...you might include that into your initial email (if you don't already do that)...

Every friend or acquaintance you make was once a stranger to you at first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

Steve
10-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum abarth.....nice little cars those Fiats, they don't half get a move on. You have an old Brit bike as well, great stuff!

Basil
10-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the forum abarth. I do encourage new members to post an introductory message when they first join. Usually, a new member will own a car that falls into one of our existing forums (e.g., MG, Jaguar, Triumph, etc) and post an into in the forum of their interest. In other cases, I encourage new members to post an into in "Other Cars", "Other British Cars," or even "Free for All."

Basil

PS: So, ok now introduce yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

waltesefalcon
11-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Welcome aboard, Abarth. Those Fiats are nice little cars, I almost bought one several years ago before I finally decided on a Spitfire. Hope you enjoy it here, and maybe consider coming over to the dark side (powered by lucas electric, so you know it will be dark) and buying an LBC sometime.

MattP
11-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Howdy, good to have you here. I like the sound of your idea, but worry that some might feel that was where they had to post until their noob status was lifted. Things are a lot freer than that around here, and no one bites. Or Yoda might reach out with the force and bite back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif