PDA

View Full Version : E-type New Forum Member

Gary King
10-08-2001, 06:58 PM
Hello to all on this new forum. Basil sent me an email from the Jag-Lovers list about this new online service and I just had to try it because first, I feel the jag-lovers E-list is overloaded with chit chat and it is very difficult to focus on the real meat of E related problems and ideas (IMHO). I no longer subscribe to the E list but the xk and saloon lists are absolutly terrific. Second, I am a member of the MGTD forum that uses this same format and I can tell you it is the most efficient and pointed system you can use. I wouldn't dream of suggesting to the jag-lovers list that they change anything because it is a very successful club and I get great information and pleasure from it. However when the posts get to 50 to 75 per day, I feel it is unmanageable in the other format, but just great in Basil's arrangement. I thank you Basil for all the work it must have taken to start this up and administer the system.

------------------
Gary
MKIX, XKEots, XJ6, XJ40vdp, MGTD

Basil
10-08-2001, 07:52 PM
Hi Gary! Glad you took up the offer to give the forum a try. I know what you mean about the email overload with lists (but I'm not knocking them - they are a valuable resorse as well). What I like about this format, however, is that, first, you can see what the topics are and only reply to those you choose. Second, the system will tell you which forums have new messages since the last time you were here - a great feature and a real time saver. I also like the fact that you can post pictures.

As membership grows here, I may break out the forums into, for example, "Technical" and "General Discussions" similar to how the corvette forum does it. That way, if you are only interested in technical info, you can go into that forum. Probably not enought traffic yet to warrant that, but just something I have in the back of my mind as the site grows.

Cheers and welcome again,
Basil!

------------------
https://www.britishcarforum.com/files/basil.gif
1967 Jaguar E-Type OTS
1E13333, Silver Blue