PDA

View Full Version : Bristol engine wanted for an ace

davidsgems
10-27-2004, 01:36 PM
I require a Bristol engine for my ace as it has a chevy and I want to bring it back to original.
Regards
Stewart

waltesefalcon
10-28-2004, 12:58 AM
hmm, Why not swap the chevy out for a 289 Ford and call it cobra? Reaslly though I think its admirable that you wish to drop a Bristol engine back into instead of hot rodding it like so many other people would do today.

MattP
10-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Have you spoken to Bristol? I know they re-do a lot of thier old cars, and might at least give you a line on an engine.

MattP
10-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Googled a website for you.

https://www.bristolcars.co.uk/Renovate.htm

This takes you right into thier renovation section, so I would guess they would be the ones to talk to.

davidsgems
11-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi Matt
They dont have one. Its a D2 or similar I need

MattP
11-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Shucks. I was hopeful. That is a nice piece of iron you're working on.

Speaking of nice iron, is that a Silverstone in your avatar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Duh. I click your name, and Bingo! I am as astute as the dog of that name. Also spotted "Clothing Manufacturer?" That makes me curious.

davidsgems
11-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi Matt
Yup thats my Healey, we did some work and now its goes like the proverbial bat out of H***L . Going out to aintree next weekend, so will post some pics on the website a few weeks after this. www.roadmap.ch (https://www.roadmap.ch)
I have been manufacturing clothes for twenty five years and never get tired of it as it is always changes. Launched my own brand a few years ago and sponsoring events here and there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

MattP
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Cool. I used to work in an upscale department store this side of the pond. While I have never been a clothes hound, I do have to admit that it is a facinating industry.

Looking forward to the pics. I love the Silverstone, particularly the spare, that is just cool.