PDA

View Full Version : Great Scot Car show Greenville, SC May 29th

Hap Waldrop
05-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Great Scot British Car Show, Saturday May 29th Furman University Greenville, SC.

This is our second annual Great Scot British car show at the bueatiful Furmnan University campus, running in conjunction with the Greenville Scottish games. The show field is shaded by oak trees in the mall area and right next to the entrance to the Scottish games. This is great show to attend because there is much more to do than normal car show with the Scottish games, food and merchandise vendors, music, lots of Scottish clans in attendance and highland type games. This year featured mark is Rolls Royce, and is a very special year indeed as we have a memeber of the Royal Family attending. Prince Edward (Charles' brother) , Earl of Wessex will be the guest of honor. this is the first time a member of the royal family has ever attended a Scottish games in America, and the first visit of any royal family member to the upstate of South Carolina, and the Prince will be awarding his favorite car at the show, and he is very excited to see we Americans and our British cars.

Please join us at this special show, for more details go to
www.greenvillegames.org (https://www.greenvillegames.org) you will see the car show link there and able to register online until May 22nd, and of course register the day of the show before noon.

This show is hosted by
Southeastern British Motorcar Owners Club
www.sbmoc.com (https://www.sbmoc.com)

Check out the attached pictures of the British car show and Scottish games

Hope to you all there.

toysrrus
05-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Howdy Hap,

I`ll surely be there but "NO" car as of yet!!

Looks like "Gundy" (aka David) just may be able to make it with his B/E.

I can only guess; Fred will be delighted to show off his Midget as well.

Keep the Brews cool for us!!

See Y`All then,

Regards, Russ

Hap Waldrop
05-25-2010, 07:04 AM
I doubt Fred will show his Midget, I could be wrong, but not his style, but we should be there for sure. No car for me as well, still in engine building mode.

EricG
05-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Hope it does not rain as forecast! We will be there with the Sunbeam clan.
Hap are you wearing your kilt this year?? Eric

Hap Waldrop
05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
No kilt :smile:

toysrrus
05-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Howdy Hap,

Well Sir; I showed up for the show around 11:00am yesterday. David & Fred could`nt make it. It was really quite a nice showing of cars & great setting.

We should all get together one day & have an "LBC" gathering (Car Show / Picnic / Brew Tasting etc) at Lk. Jocassee. Now thats a Great place to have a gathering!

I missed you Hap; Where were you? I ran into just a couple of "FBCC" folks there. Maybe My TR3 will be there next year (I sure hope so)!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Russ

Hap Waldrop
05-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Russ, down in the back, could not make it there, made more sense to rest.