PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR8 coupe on eBay

MGA Steve
10-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Interesting that a "rare TR8 coupe" for sale on eBay has not had a single bid at a starting price of only $2000 with 3 days left.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2495447159&fromMakeTra ck=true

sammyb
10-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Would make an awesome rally car! Funny, it has the same tartan red plaid interior mine has, as well as the same shade of faded carpet.

I'd actually love to have a TR8 convertible.

This coupe looks a little ratty, but it's certainly worth $2K.

90 XJ-S
10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Did you look at the pics? It ain't worth 2 grand.

Mike

sammyb
10-21-2004, 09:49 PM
He has the original carbs etc... It's amazing what TR8s are going for these days. I think had he cleaned the interior and engine bay (ie - presented the car better) the V8 fans would have jumped at it.

With ratty TR8 DHCs going for $6K+, a ratty coupe should be worth $2K.

MGA Steve
10-22-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would make an awesome rally car! . . . This coupe looks a little ratty, but it's certainly worth $2K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heck, for $2K you could afford to use it as a Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challenge car, have $5 left over for "speed parts", and sell it for parts after the contest! It doesn't even need a roll bar because it's a coupe. The exterior wouldn't take much work to get a decent GRM Challenge "concours" score (just elbow grease and a lot of Mother's), but the headlights would have to work. You could sell the stereo to buy some sticky tires, wrench the carb, tune it up, and away you go. I better stop thinking so much or I might talk myself into a quick divorce after 36 years of marriage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Since it is a '78, build-quality may not be all that great, but, if it is a real TR8 coupe, it really is a rare car.

huck6
10-29-2004, 03:10 PM
These are pretty rare. As far as I know, they were used for dealer rides only two years before the real TR8 came over.

sammyb
10-29-2004, 05:06 PM
The funny thing is that there is a factory TR8 Coupe for sale here in Olympia, and his asking price is $10K!

MGA Steve
10-29-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is that there is a factory TR8 Coupe for sale here in Olympia, and his asking price is $10K!

[/ QUOTE ]
You shoulda bought the $2000 one, Sammy! It actually sold for that price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

frankenstang57
11-03-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heck, for $2K you could afford to use it as a Grassroots Motorsports $2005 Challenge car, have $5 left over for "speed parts", and sell it for parts after the contest! It doesn't even need a roll bar because it's a coupe. The exterior wouldn't take much work to get a decent GRM Challenge "concours" score (just elbow grease and a lot of Mother's), but the headlights would have to work. You could sell the stereo to buy some sticky tires, wrench the carb, tune it up, and away you go. I better stop thinking so much or I might talk myself into a quick divorce after 36 years of marriage

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifHehehehehehehe. You'd be doin' battle with my V-8 Spit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif