PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A tr3 gas tank vent

sp53
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi all does anybody know what the length and shape of the vent tube is on a tr3 gas tank. I have two of them and the one off of 1958 is way long and would go under the trunk and fasten somewhere (not sure how) and the other off a 1961 looks like it would just drop through the trunk about an inch, but the end of that one looks like it might have rusted away at the point where it come out of the trunk. I am just not sure what they look like or how they fasted originally.
Steve

TR3driver
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
It should stick through the trunk floor by a long way, down past the bottom of the frame. There is supposed to be a clip holding it to the frame.

As I recall, there is only a slight bend below the floor, and then it's straight.

JohnnyMead
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I just took a look at my 1960. It goes through a rubber grommet in the floor and is held to the frame with a spring clip. It ends about 1/4" below the frame.
John

mallard
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Steve let me know if you need it. I can take a picture of the vent tube off my 56 for you and take some measurements. Dead batteries in the camera again.