PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A carpet

tinman58
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I bought a carpet kit long ago from e-bay for my TR3, I have since realized that it is for the newer style with the shelf.I only have a small amount of extra carpet that I bought and dont want to ruin it. So does any body have a piece that is from wheel well to wheel well at the very far back at the rear bulkhead to make a template? I will pay for any expensises incurred of course. Shows are coming up and trying to check things of my to do list!

powerwagontim
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Dan,
If you are dealing with black carpet, I have the piece you are looking for, for the sloped rear area. Send me an email if you are still looking for it.
distinctiverestoration@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Tim

tinman58
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Tim
I just sent you a e-mail.

apbos
04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Dan
I still have carpet that tan carpet kit if you need it?
Paul

tinman58
04-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I can use it as a pattern. Let me see what Tim has and I will PM you Paul

toysrrus
04-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Howdy Folks,

I was skimming thru Bill Piggott Orig. Guide to Triumphs. I`ve purchased a Dk. Burgundy Int with White piping for my `57TR3 Small Mouth.

In Bills book; It reads that the carpet color typ. matched the Interior. I`ve been kicking around either a "Dk. Burgundy or Black" for more contrast.

What can you folks tell me about the "Carpet Color" for my car as being Orig?

Thanx, Russ

HerronScott
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Although not a TR3, when I restored my TR4A I went with a black carpet as I had the shadow blue interior and that was too much light blue to make the carpet the same color. Note that I did restore it to be a "like new" daily driver adn not a show car (and had Amco mats to protect the carpet).

Scott