PDA

View Full Version : Triumph 10 on BAT

Andrew Mace
03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Among other interesting cars in the lot, there's a Triumph 10 sedan (https://bringatrailer.com/2010/03/25/bat-exclusive-odd-ball-arizona-euro-projects/) for sale in Arizona (presumably that means pretty much rust-free)! Any takers? I'd love to, but there's that geography thing between AZ and upstate Eastern NY.... :cry:

tdskip
03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
If it is truly a long term AZ car just not having to deal with rot is worth the asking price....

Gliderman8
03-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Did you see the length of that stick shift? Looks like you have to drive it from the back seat :jester:

Andrew Mace
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
[Disclaimer: I can't see the pictures here at work, but I am familiar with the cars, so....]

It's not really as bad as it looks. As the gentlemen at <span style="font-style: italic">Road &amp; Track</span> used to say, the gearshift does pretty much "fall readily to hand"! It's a long, spindly lever to be sure, but it ultimately works directly on the selector forks in the gearbox. It does kinda have the same feel as the gear lever on an old 122 or early 140 Volvo...or an early 1950s Chevy truck, though! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif :driving:

I still have fond memories of my dad teaching me the "H" shift pattern, when I was about six years old, in the family's Triumph 10 sedan. He'd usually let me do the 3-4 shift on his signal!