PDA

View Full Version : Vroom Vroom er sort of

JPSmit
03-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, news tonight - oil in engine, rad shroud reassembled, overflow in place, battery hooked up. Got her on the driveway and she started after about 5 tries. Ran for a few minutes albeit roughly, push in the choke and she died. I'm not concerned though as it is the new carb and it was a long shot that everything would work the first time. Too dark to experiment further so, back in the garage and tomorrow, weather permitting (Tomorrow Tomorrow I love ya Tomorrow! Tomorrow's a day away!) - breaks into song.

I also got Ms Triss out of the work garage bay and into the drive garage bay and Luigi out of the drive garage bay (where she was only sitting to get motivated - shut up Mark & Phil) and into the work bay.

soon very soon

abarth69
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
You have a work bay?

Cheers

Mark

JPSmit
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
You have a work bay?

Cheers

Mark

shaddup

MCS
03-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey how many parts can you pile on Luigi
Phil

JPSmit
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
you guys are just cold - ahem, car cover, tonneau, parade boot, MG manual, trim from front door, Christmas lights, out of date coupons, felt underpad, etc. :whistle:

abarth69
03-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Phil

We need to be nice to JP

Cheers

Mark

JPSmit
03-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Phil

We need to be nice to JP

Cheers

Mark

yes you do - he's sensitive. (it's about time)
:nopity:

JPSmit
03-20-2010, 04:33 PM
well, Mark the master came over (inspected the Garage Bay - and yes, it is still the left hand side of my two car garage - sheesh) While waiting, I realized I did have the fuel hooked up to the wrong line - and the choke was binding. Corrected fuel, Mark manually did choke and it started instantly! woo hoo. Here's the bizarre part, could not get it to idle correctly until we realized that the throttle linkage is too short. - the same throttle linkage that is that fit perfectly last year - she is a fickle mistress. So, replace the linkage bar, get some new springs, align the choke properly and we should be good to go. Except that there was coolant spitting out of the bottom of the water pump which suggests to me that a new pump is in order, which is what I think spitting out the weeping hole indicates. And, as I moved it back in, I noticed a stain on the carpet. Opened the brake MC and clutch MC and the level on the clutch seems lower than I remember - which is odd as it is the one that is new. will have to follow up.

we'll keep you posted.

JPSmit
03-21-2010, 07:41 AM
so, if it is my MC leaking how might I properly diagnose it? and, assuming it is the clutch, where is it likely coming from?

thanks

abarth69
03-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Slave

jack it up put stands under it and take a look

I have some rental stands

Cheers

Mark

JPSmit
03-21-2010, 09:01 AM
can't be slave - the stain is in the car - how much for the stands?

abarth69
03-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Did not read that part then its the rod going into the master has to come out new seals . Pull the carpets out now.

You are going to have to move the car over to the work bay and take a look.

City Bylaw no working on cars unless in WORK BAY

Call you later

Mark