PDA

View Full Version : First Drive of 2010 Season is Fast Approaching...

Jer
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
We have got an early spring here in Northern Ontario, past few days have been pushing 50 degrees, for me that spells top down driving weather !

Sure we will get a few slaps form mother nature yet, but I just contacted insurance company for road coverage, as even getting a few drives in over the next month makes it all worth it :-)

Gotta get Midge outa the back of the garage, off the casters, vitals check, throw in the battery, put on the tweed cap & give er' a spin when weather permits !

Here's to a great 2010 driving season ! (for those of us who have driving seasons... unlike the fortunate ones like Jack ! ha ha)

JPSmit
03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Here's to a great 2010 driving season ! (for those of us who have driving seasons... unlike the fortunate ones like Jack ! ha ha)

FWIW Jack has a driving season too, he'll be putting away Miss A before long as it is too hot for top down motoring in the summer in Florida.

But, ain't it exciting! Ms Triss has a carb ready to be picked up and I could be driving by Saturday (but will likely do my tasks first)

JPSmit
03-10-2010, 01:28 PM
BTW, I keep meaning to ask, How many other members are there in the Algoma Chapter of the Sprite Midget Club USA?

Jer
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
ha ha - currently I'm the only member, allthough the application & review process to get the title of "president" was very strenuous...

AngliaGT
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Club meetings must be short!

- Doug

jlaird
03-10-2010, 11:52 PM
And I am,

President, Sprite Midget Club USA
North West Florida Chapter

It is a title we got when we went to the LotO event.

In fact anyone is allowed to pick it up for their area. There is indeed a National Sprite Midget Club I just happen to the the Vice President but then that means nothing but words on the papers filed with the IRS, etc.

AngliaGT
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
I get it! I'm the "president" of the
Humboldt British Car Group,only because A.-
Nobody else wanted to start anything,And B.-
Because I get to make the rules (there aren't-
any).
Of course,my right arm's sore from patting-
myself on the back.

- Doug

jvandyke
03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I cobbled my refurb dash back together before my parts arrived just so I can get some driving in during this unatural early spring (I know winter is coming back for a while yet, no way are we getting off this easy). What a blast to drive these things no? How quickly one forgets. And to think I was toying with the idea of selling. One little ride and NO WAY IN #*&&* is this car leaving my possession!

Jer
03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
on the note of the LotO event, has anyone herad any more info on the Midget 50th event - Elkhart Lake and Road America in Wisconsin, June 20-24, 2011 ?

I have emailed the contacts twice and did not get a reply, I want to book hotel / vacation but want to be sure of the schedule first. The website hasn't been updated.

Yes the application was difficult, I sent in pics of my Midget & Sprite for review but was informed that my TR3's in the backgrond of my Sprite picture caused some concern, but they decided to let it slide :-)

JPSmit
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
There is also this on in Belleville Ontario - https://www.mg2010.com/

Even though it is the B register, apparently Midgets & 1100's etc. are also allowed. It's my home town so I'll likely be going. Others?

Jer
03-11-2010, 07:52 PM
JP That looks like it'l be a good one, unfortunately it's the same weekend as St.Ignace car show & to far for me - If I'm driving those kinda miles, I'm driving to a Midget 50th celebration ! :-)

Jer
03-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Brought Midge back to life on saturday (very small territory mark on the concrete, didn't have to top up any fluids), fired up real good & holding 65psi oil pressure - drove up & down driveway to check brakes etc., had to wait for insurance to go active on Monday - Drove to work this morning & all is well - gotta love these cars, what a riot.
Tonight I'll drive around as much as possibe to burn off the full tank of stabilized fuel ;-) sounds like a valid excuse to drive around all evening ? supposed to be sunny and in the mid 50's - top down & crank up the heater ! woooo - hooo !