PDA

View Full Version : Computer wiz, once again pleeeeze

Hap Waldrop
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Many of you already know this , but we're just months away or less away from introducing our new VTO Retro 4 wheels which are a modern remake of the AR Libre, the 14x5.5 will be here by April then the 13x5.5 will follow. One of the things Terry and I have been laboring over is center color of the wheel, the first batch, the 14x5.5s will be silver center with a polished outer rim or we call it in the bizz, "polished lip", anyway I thinking that a black center with the polished lip in the Retro 4 will be a good look, kinda like the look Revolution has with their wheel. So could you computer wiz change the center of this wheel to black and then the group tell me which color combo you like the best, the silver pictured or the black center.

lesingepsycho
03-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Something like this? (under 2 minutes by the way) :wink:

JACK

Pythias
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know if a 5.5 fits a square body? This IS one of the wheels I've been dreaming of being able to obtain! Revolution went under just as I had the means (not that I have them at this moment, but......)

duplaga1952
03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
looks good in silver, can the blk be limited to the 4 blades w/ silver lug hole plate? or just paint them yourself

have prices been set yet?

thanks bob

v8mgbal
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I vote silver. I may want to paint the spokes a diffrent color and thanks Hap.

Hap Waldrop
03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Jack thanks, thats pretty much what I had in mind.

They are 4" backspacing same as the Superlites Spridget offset we sold, so yes they will fit a SWA car just fine with 175 tires.

They will be $145.00 a wheel , when they arrive, I'm guessing June, maybe May, with each new wheel, it has to go from design/programming to mold making, to prototype, to production, neat to watch a new product be born, but it's the waiting part that that blows :smile:

Bill, I like Revolutions too, neat wheel, I had them on a couple of my race cars, they are crazy expensive, and use those bothersome shank lug nuts. The Libre design was a vintage design, everyone seems to like and wanted to see made again, so that led the decision to make a modern remake of them, I always liked the black center, polished lip color scheme of the Revolutions, and thats kinda the idea I had in my mind with the black centers on the Retro 4s. I plan on using the Retro 4s on my vintage racing Spridget with a black center, I think it will be cool looking. I went with the black center VTO Classic 8s (minilite design) on my old English white MGB GT and they look great against the white paint.

We got a big task ahead of us, making two wheels designs in two color options in all the different sizes, it will take a atleast two years to have all the stock we want, but Spridgets and Spitfires in 13x5.5 are high up on the production list.

lesingepsycho
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Some other options:

lesingepsycho
03-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Of course, it's completely up to Hap! :wink: These are just pwetty pictures.

GregW
03-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Don't forget some bling. :shocked:

Sarastro
03-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I think my preference might depend a lot on the car trim and color, but intrinsically I like the one with the all-black center.

I think they're all really cool, though.

racingenglishcars
03-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh darn, and I just got a set of Cosmics

v8mgbal
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
WOW! I really like the one with just the painted spokes. I have been looking for a set of the Libre wheels and now we can have new ones thanks to Hap.

billspit
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
How about cobble up one with a gold center and one with a dark silver-light greyish center (to look like a mag wheel).

lesingepsycho
03-11-2010, 08:51 AM
All gold

lesingepsycho
03-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Mag