PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the Jaguar X type on the road again..This is a killer looking sedan..BMW is

JBsC5
05-18-2001, 10:40 PM
Just spotted the Jaguar X type on the road again this evening..

This car is an amazing beauty..it will slaughter the competition from Lexus..MB..BMW..Audi...

Starting out under 30 grand..this beautiful car will be in short supply for some time..

See it on the road and its totally amazing in comparision to the magazines and even the Auto shows..

Quite honestly its that much more apparent on the road than in the magazines..

Really no comparision to the show..the car on the road was that sharp..

This is definitely a winner for Jaguar!

Talk about revoltion..

------------------

Basil
05-18-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JBsC5:
Just spotted the Jaguar X type on the road again this evening..

This car is an amazing beauty..it will slaughter the competition from Lexus..MB..BMW..Audi...

Starting out under 30 grand..this beautiful car will be in short supply for some time..

See it on the road and its totally amazing in comparision to the magazines and even the Auto shows..

Quite honestly its that much more apparent on the road than in the magazines..

Really no comparision to the show..the car on the road was that sharp..

This is definitely a winner for Jaguar!

Talk about revoltion..

Hmm, am I gonna have to trade the wife's Miata already?

JBsC5
05-18-2001, 10:49 PM
Cy...

You might have to wait two years before this Jaguar is available for sticker..

Its truly a beauty..My wife saw it and she was like...Whoa!

Very impressive looking on the road..

I apologize for posting twice on this subject yet everytime I see this car I am shocked at how beautiful Jaguar has molded this car..

They really did an amazing job..I'm not a sedan fanatic but this is one smooth cool cat..

Jaguar will anililate the competition from germany and japan..

And the US manufacturers are not even in the game..

This car is priced well to boot..I anticpate a sales fever that will be one long for the record books...

Basil
05-18-2001, 10:58 PM
Maybe you could staryt carrying a camera and snap a ppic or two if you see it again?

JBsC5
05-18-2001, 11:12 PM
Cy..I don't think I would do it justice..and I certainly couldn't photograph it better than the magazines..

Just so you know..the running joke on www.c5forum.com (https://www.c5forum.com) is that I truly am the worlds worst photographer..LOL

Cy..If you could imagine looking at the magazine photos..find the best angle ..then imagine that the car looks that good from each direction in real life..

Interestingly enough..I think it has to do with the line of sight..Somehow I believe Jaguar designers drew the car from the viewpoint of another car..meaning the sightline was most appreciated from the level when you are sitting in another vehicle..

Vehicle to vehicle will of course be the most viewed angle..thats where the Jaguar's x-type design really shines through..

Its almost a new concept in designing beautiful cars..I would imagine..

This is just a guess on my part..since when I saw the car at the NY Auto show last month with David..AKA Fido..I wasn't all that impressed..but now..everytime I see it on the road..I'm like WOW! Just a possiblity..

[This message has been edited by JBsC5 (edited 05-18-2001).]

Basil
05-19-2001, 12:30 PM
You were at the show with fido? Cool! Wish I could have been there.

Jagdreamer
05-25-2001, 10:21 AM
I have only seen it in pictures, but think it looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it in real life.

JD