PDA

View Full Version : Miss Agathas Dizzy

jlaird
02-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Jeff called, Dizzy done. Mostly new inards, recurved and checked. He said it was allowing the points to spatter all over the place, ie move advance and retard.

He also said it was a 1957 made Dizzy and prob only had about 15K miles on it. Hmmmm.

Can not wait to get it on and see how that changes things, bet I have to retune carbs.

tdskip
02-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Cheapest way to get a new car (or new feeling anyway). Kind of neat how hard it is to wait to get it back, I'm the same way.

jlaird
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Came back from Jeff today, now to install.

It looks just like a new out of the box one.

jlaird
03-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Well I got the Dizzy in today and set up and all that good stuff.

Runs like crud, Now I guess I best tackle the carbs.

jlaird
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Here at 9:30 walked out to the garage. Un stuck both, not one, both float valves and Miss Agatha started right up happy as a tick.

Durn, got to remember they stick, wish I knew how to stop that when she sets for a few weeks.

Will dirve later today and adjust carbs.

dklawson
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Jack, depending on the type of float valve you have the following may be an option for you. What I did with my float valves was make little music wire clips that hook the end of the moving needle to the arm of the float. The two can move independently but when the float falls below a certain point the looped wire "pulls" the needle off its seat to let fuel in again. If you have the needles with the spring in them this won't work as there's nothing to hook the music wire to. It's an idea I copied from the Briggs & Stratton carbs I've worked on over the years.

jlaird
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Lovely, thanks Doug.

Just came back from a run in Miss Agatha. Need a bit more carb adjustment but boy oh boy does she run fine indeed. No stumbles or misses all the way to 5K.

Jeff, you solved my problem and I greatly appreciate it. Best 130 bucks including postage that I have spent in a long while. Thanks again.

How come I didn't have that dizzy rebuilt several years ago, Duh.

Now we good for the N. O. show on the 19th and some real fine driveing time this spring. Can not say how pleased I am.

RickB
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Good for you Jack & Miss A.!!!

Jeff does real fine work and he's a great guy too!