PDA

View Full Version : AND NOW GOLD AND SILVER

14dna
02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
I am having a ball!!

Canada finishes one two in two person bobsled for women.
I have waited all my life to express my pride in this GREAT COUNTRY!
Altogether 4 medals today WOW

Dave :winner1:

WOOOOO HOOOOOO

JPSmit
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

here too

(though I was proud before too :banana: )

DrEntropy
02-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Should be!

Heck, ~I'm~ proud of 'em. :laugh:

Sherlock
02-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Okay... I take back some of the nasty things I've said about our Olympic team <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

To win the gold and silver in the same event is quite a feat, plus watching an interview right now of Clara Hughes... Who has won 4 Summer Olympic medals (road cycling) and 2 Winter Olympic medals (speed skating), the only person to ever win multiple medals at both games...

Go Canada!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4355127854_1959e9086a.jpg

Gotta throw in another photo... :thumbsup:

14dna
02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
And tonight Canada wins GOLD in woman's hockey.
2-0 over the USA. WOW what a game.
That was great, such a shame one team has to loose when they both play so well!
I love this.

Dave :winner1:

DrEntropy
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Those kids played their butts off! Both teams.

Congrats to th' Canadian ladies!! :thumbsup:

Sherlock
02-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Gutsiest bronze medal ever perhaps... Joannie Rochette, who had her mom pass away suddenly of a heart attack upon arrival at the Olympics earlier this week, still chose to skate and earned a medal... Woohoo!

DrEntropy
02-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Yup. Tragic circumstance. Amazing result. Guts and dedication... to the skating and especially to her mom.

MadRiver
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
What day at the games! The women's hockey final was amazing. Congratulations to the Canadians for their victory. And three cheers to both goalies.

The rest of the day was pretty darn great as well. The mens' Nordic combined gold and silver -- this year's US nordic combined team is simply historic.

And how about that "hurricane" at the men's free style? Wow.

Last but not least, my hat is off to all the skaters, especially the Canadian young woman. From the moment she stepped out on the ice she was focused and poised, and an inspiration.

Oh, and how can I not point out the medal count? :thumbsup:

MadRiver
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh, and can I just add that I *really* hope that the gold medal game in men's hockey is a U.S. - Canada rematch.

DCB
02-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh, and can I just add that I *really* hope that the gold medal game in men's hockey is a U.S. - Canada rematch.

Me too! Looks like we will get it. US beat Finland 6-1 and Canada leads Slovakia 2-0 after one.

Can't wait 'til Sunday 3p Eastern.

Sherlock
02-27-2010, 01:44 AM
What hockey game? No seriously... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Tonight was the debut of a possible new theatrical production being developed locally (fist step - a staged reading).

A powerful novel by Nigerian author Chinua Achebe, <span style="font-style: italic">Things Fall Apart</span>... Okay I've never read the book but the production tonight was powerful... There is more to life than sports people, really... :savewave:

Brooklands
02-27-2010, 07:07 AM
There is more to life than sports people, really... :savewave:

Yes, there are LBC's, and even photography of sports and LBC's!!

Sherlock
02-27-2010, 09:16 AM
There is more to life than sports people, really... :savewave:

Yes, there are LBC's, and even photography of sports and LBC's!!

I do that sometimes too <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif although LBC's are still hiding from the winter for awhile longer...