PDA

View Full Version : My favourite car is on the market again...

Sherlock
10-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Just found out last night that my favourite local 1967 Triumph 2000 sedan is up for sale again...

I know the guy who used to own it through our local club, someone came to his door last fall and basically purchased the Triumph on the spot. Apparently the new owner has already lost interest and at the very least has a for sale sign in the window of the car, Rod figures $800 might buy it off the guy... Hmmm...

Unfortunately still no money for the extra toy right now really though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Steve_S
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Credit card. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Sherlock
10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah...

Did try to convince 78Z (David) last night that a 1967 Triumph 2000 would look great in his garage... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Then when he's finished with enjoying it I could purchase it from him to finally own it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

78Z
10-07-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm very tempted actually. Just need to gather together some cash - hopefully after we move house. Maybe on Sat. after the car show we can swing by and take a peek at it.

78Z
10-07-2004, 12:39 AM
I found a couple little pics of it

https://www.members.shaw.ca/rfarnsworth/img26.jpg
https://www.members.shaw.ca/rfarnsworth/img36.jpg

piman
10-07-2004, 03:55 AM
Hello Sherlock,
I can't understand why they are not more popular, a lovely car to drive, especially if in manual\overdrive version.
Maybe because they are expensive to run, (in the UK) relative to some of the more common classics.

Alec

Super 7
10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Around Portland, I have seen some nice clean ones for sale in the mid $2000-$3000 range. Both were at the ABFM. Nice drivers without cosmetic needs inside or out. There was a black one and a green one there. Both nice, but I liked the green one best.

There are very nice cars, I think. I like small sedans though. Maybe a touch big for my personal taste, but refined and attractive in a subdued way.