PDA

View Full Version : Jazz funeral for "Aints" paper bag today in N.O

02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Go to NOLA.com and read all about it or today's Times Picayune or google "Aints Jazz funeral". Mom called this morning and I'm rushing to get ready. Perfect place to get exposer for the shirt.

Sorry for no link, I lost it while printing stuff for today.

Those who can, COME OUT. Hey Stu, where y'at !!!!

aerog
02-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Huh? I don't get it.

Mickey Richaud
02-20-2010, 06:23 PM
It's a New Orleans thing!

rick_ingram
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
https://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2010/02/jazz_funeral_to_bury_the_aints.html

vping
02-20-2010, 07:09 PM
It's a New Orleans thing!

It's a Nawlins Thang! :-)

terriphill
02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I was a freshman at LSU for the 81-82 season the year after that all time worst. I still hold fond memories of those games. They were a blast! We cheered 1st downs like most fans cheer wins! I for one am happy to see this "aints" put to rest! Who DAT!

terriphill
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I should say...I am actually thankful to have been there at that time...tickets were CHEAP! and on a college student's income, I never would have gotten to attend a professional football game otherwise!!!

02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Just got back, MAN what fun!! They interviewed me. Supposed to be on the news tonight. I was a nervious wreck and I don't think I came off too well.

don't like tv.....makes me nervious..mmmhhmmmmm.

02-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, it wasn't that bad, quite nice actually. Thank GOD !!!!!

ecurie_ecosse
02-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Couldn't make it Billy. I'm "down under" this week. :savewave:

Stuart. :cheers:

aerog
02-21-2010, 07:50 AM
https://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2010/02/jazz_funeral_to_bury_the_aints.html

Jeepers - people take that football stuff seriously. It's just a game for crying out loud.

Thanks for the link :smile:

DrEntropy
02-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Couldn't make it Billy. I'm "down under" this week. :savewave:

Stu!! North or South island? :shocked:

Mickey Richaud
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM

Jeepers - people take that football stuff seriously. It's just a game for crying out loud.

Thanks for the link :smile:

Scott - this was about much more than football. On so many levels.

Like I said, it's a New Orleans thing. :yesnod:

aerog
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I'll take your word for it.

aerog
02-21-2010, 11:20 AM
BTW, I meant to add a :smile: to the end but I lost my connection in the airplane.

I still say it's just a game :laugh:

poolboy
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Just got back, MAN what fun!! They interviewed me. Supposed to be on the news tonight. I was a nervious wreck and I don't think I came off too well.

What channel ? I get the NO stations.,

ecurie_ecosse
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
North,Doc. Unfortunately won't have time to go South. :nopity:

And,Scott,it took me quite a while before I could grasp the Aint's brown paper bag. :rolleyes:
Not sure I do get it,mind you. :devilgrin: :jester:

02-21-2010, 05:21 PM

What channel ? I get the NO stations.,

4, WWL.

02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Here's a link to the video. I normally don't sound that "yatty", but my accent always gets worse when in town and I was ~REALLY~ nervious. My wife said it doesn't sound like "me" at all. Thank God I don't drink anymore, or it would have been ~REAllY~ UGLY!

I start at 1:36 and you see the shirt again @ 1:10. Lenny Cravitz came out and was directly in front of me for quite some time. He's a really nice guy and SUPER approachable. I didn't want to bother him but he was more than willing to take phots with others in the march. I lead for a while, was with the band, coffin, dancers, Lenny and all over the place.

Like my wife said, "you were in a parade, amde money and were on TV, sounds like a good day."

It certainly was one of the best times I've had in town....that I can remember.

https://www.wwltv.com/news/PHOTOS-Aints-no-more-Saints-fans-lay-bad-years-to-rest--84867087.html

I'm still embarased by my appearance, but I've never been on TV and I'm ~ALLOT~ better in person.

Spike Lee was filming a Katrina recovery flick and the girl in the crew said I should be all over it when it comes out. (I'm not what I would consider a fan, but oh well.)

ecurie_ecosse
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
No need for embarrassment,Billy. You came across quite well. :thumbsup:

02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I still wanna puke! :wall: :blush: :pukeface:

poolboy
02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't be so critical of yourself. You was fine..

TR6BILL
02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
My GAWD Billy, you really ARE a YAT!

Actually, you done good.

rick_ingram
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
You did GOOD!

02-21-2010, 10:47 PM
My GAWD Billy, you really ARE a YAT!

Actually, you done good.

'ey bra, I'll tellin' ya, I aint all dat way. Al'ight?!!?!?!?!

Seriously, I'm usually allot more articulate and focused and not yatty unless I'm there or around my family and feelin' th' flow. When I lived in T.X, my friends there thought it funny that I would go in and out of yat on the phone when folks back here called. I was totally unaware of it. I try to squeltch it here as much as possible.

M.S me and L.A me are two different people.

Just went through the change again as I just got back from bringing one of my local M.S kids to his new house in L.A. I had to explain cit life to 'em and found myself tellin him about "all dis an'nat".

There was just so much more that I wanted to say and just went blank when he stuck that mic in my face. Besides, you ~KNOW~ you can't talk "normal" on da nuwz bra as dey always puts da dum'es' soundin' guy dey can fin' on da nuwz.

Oh well, I guess that was just my 15 seconds of "yat". :jester: