PDA

View Full Version : Sundi Gras

02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Seeing that "Lundi Gras" is an event made up by local marketing personel and media. (as all locals ~KNOW~ the "day before Mardi Gras is for tourists and amatuers and is a day of rest, lest ye be wiped out Mardi Gras day.)

I hereby proclaim the Sunday before Mardi Gras as "Sundi Gras".

This day is "traditioanlly" observed by rebuilding the engine in your LBC. I would say that Popeye's Fried chicken must be consumed on this day, but everyone knows you eat Popeye's on Mardi Gras day......~HOWEVER~...ANY day is a good day for Popeye's.

This day will be much like "Festivus"...but without the pole.

For more history on "Lundi Gras". see the enclosed link.

Long live backfired maketing attempts by the Riverwalk !!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lundi_Gras

(May your LBC engine rebuilding attempts go better than mine did today.)

((Make sure you order ~SPICEY~ when buying Popeye's. If not, might as well eat Church's or TV dinner fried chicken.))

<span style="font-size: 20pt">REMEMBER..... </span>

You heard it here first.

02-15-2010, 11:25 AM
WAit, I've got it!!

You eat Popeye's "Famous" biscuits on Lundi Gras as they showed up on the scene at the same time (sounds like a conspiricy).

Perhaps the Riverwalk should have a parade which Popeye's biscuits are thrown instead of beads or "Da'bloons".

This is also the same time period that "stuffed" king cakes showed up as well....hmmmmm. I hated those things but no one made the "original" ones and Tasty Doughnuts and McKenzie's went under. The cream chees ones are pretty good though.

Silverghost
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
What day is foie gras?! :jester:

poolboy
02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
How are those kings cakes from Paul's kg ?

ecurie_ecosse
02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
What day is foie gras?! :jester:

Goosday. :devilgrin: :jester:

Stuart. :cheers:

02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
How are those kings cakes from Paul's kg ?

If'un you're talking about "P's" Pastries, I'm not too hip on those. See, I'm a bit of a purist when it come to regional foods. From what I've seen, they do a plain white icing with almonds. (that bugs the crap out of me)

Please don't get me wrong, Paul's puts out GOOD products. Kelly loves the place. TTBOMK, they went the "cajun" route once they moved out to the interstate. I don't think they had that theme before. I imagine they are going after tourist bound for New Orleans. I have no idea where Paul is from, he might be from there.

Might as well wait 15 more minutes and eat in the state of Lousisana. After all, if you're gonna go to MS for cajun food, might as well be in Ohio.

The reason I have such a problem with all of this, is folks spent ALLOT of time and money to come down here for the real thing, and people are quick to give them "whatever" for a fast buck. Folks wind up thinkin' they got the real deal, which they didn't. That really annoys me.

Emeril bugs me too, he aint from here and his momma aint hittin' on SQUAT !!!

Chef Paul on the other hand.....but IMHO, his gumbo is too runny.

If you're ever around Paul's, check out the Tressler's Hog head cheese next door. They're from Chalmette. Their hot could be a bit hotter, but it has pplenty of flavor. Best I had so far is from a lady from church...also from Chalmette.