PDA

View Full Version : Is there a secret in taking out a gas tank?

JonnyRotten
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
TR3A.Ive tried every angle and it keeps getting jammed.Is there a specific way.Bottom or top first.(Ive removed everything that should be removed)

TexasKnucklehead
02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Are you trying to remove it from the trunk, or the back seat?

JonnyRotten
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Trunk

Moseso
02-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't remember. Sorry, that's not much help... But I do remember that it was puzzling, as you are finding out. Wait -- something's coming to me. I think it does tip out forward -- towards the front of the car, not out the trunk. What the heck? Try that...

TexasKnucklehead
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't know if it'll come out through the trunk. It comes out easy from the back seat -according to my Bently "the tank can be removed from the car in a forward direction". The center/rear capping is first removed then the carpet fixing screws, tank cover board, filler assembly...

JonnyRotten
02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I got it through the trunk(top first).All it needed was some talkin dirty to.

ekamm
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
If you want to make life easy go through the front into the cab area. Take off the overflow , disconnect the fuel pump wires, the fuel line at the bottom of the tank. You'll have to pull the back seat close out(not that big of a deal) It may be a PITA to get the bolts that hold the tank straps on but then you can get it out easily.