PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice/suggestions....

BillJoBob
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
My uncles and I acquired lots of spare parts when we purchased a fellows project car and all that he had in his garage. I have listed stuff on ebay and craigslist and even joined a local car club and had very little success at moving them. We just want to move it out of our way and make a little cash to invest in our project car. Should we pack it all in a truck and take it to a swap meet/hershey? Or should I just sit on it and wait till the economy picks up again and people start buying stuff. Any advice will be well received.

Thanks!

CinneaghTR
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
What are the parts and which Triumph do they come from?

BillJoBob
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I have mostly MGA parts and some tr3 parts too. I have 2 mga coupes and 2 roadsters and a MG midget. I also have a tr3 frame (rusted) and a body shell. too many parts to list.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170443158927&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT

BillJoBob
02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Heres a link to a photo album that I have.

https://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af23...0REPRODUCTIONS/ (https://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af235/BRGREPRO/British%20cars%20and%20parts%20at%20BRG%20REPRODUC TIONS/)

CinneaghTR
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Thank you for the detailed information. You are doing what you need to be doing. You could also add the major club classifieds (VTR, MGOA?, etc), but you might be right. You'll just have to wait it out. Other than Hershey and Carlisle, you could see if there are major car shows in your area, too.

BillJoBob
02-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the advice... Just kinda frustrated right now. Not out to make a killing on these parts...just want to help fund our restoration and move them too. Keep me in mind if you need anything or here of somebody who does.

Thanks!

tomgt6
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
You seem do be doing the right things but what you may also want to do is show what a new part would be at Victoria or something like that. Also Picture and good descriptions help sell. Do a low price with a reserve. People like to bid and think they might get a great deal.

The other way to make some money is to charge a bit more for shipping and lower the price.

pjsmetana
02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
The other way to make some money is to charge a bit more for shipping and lower the price.

When I see someone over charge for shipping I really ticks me off to the point that I just won't bid.

TOC
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Pete-
What did you do in the Navy?

ET(SS)

pjsmetana
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Pete-
What did you do in the Navy?

ET(SS)

I was an AT on UAVs and F/A-18s and a UAV Internal Pilot.

BillJoBob
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah,
Im not out to rip people off with freight charges. Im just surprised at the lack of interest in many of the parts I have tried to sell. I guess there are too many good suppliers of new parts for our cars out there to compete with at the moment. Still, much of what I have is not available through aftermarket suppliers so I expected more bids on ebay than I got.