PDA

View Full Version : seen any of the new Matchbox cars?

Banjo
02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I think someone at Matchbox hangs out here on the site! I just picked up a 5 pack of Matchbox cars and in it is a Classic Mini Panel wagon, a Jag E-type, and a Citroen DS. I also picked up an extra Mini panel packaged individually because I liked the different paint Scheme.
Also in this years lineup a Jag XK120 SE and the new XK,A TVR Tuscan S, Lotus Europa ,Evora and an Exige, 69 Mini Cooper S , Bentley Continental GT, Range Rover Sport, Morgan Aeromax, Karman Gia Convertable, mixed in with some really neat old iron of other sorts. and, Matchbox had revamped thier wheels. I think they offer some really good looking stuff now. I've been more of a follower of Hot Wheels for a long time cause matchbox was kind spotty with what they had, but this is a really good lineup! I'm on the hunt now! Thought I'd pass it on.

scoutll
02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I saw some the other day while hanging out with the grandkids at walmart. They are getting better than they have been for years. I'm waiting for a Midget.

rick_ingram
02-06-2010, 05:12 AM
I believe there is also a TR6 in race-dress out there.

startech47
02-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I bought the TR6.

swift6
02-06-2010, 12:54 PM

There are two TR6s. One silver and one green. I have both.

There is/was also a Newcastle TR6 that a guy was selling on ebay, he was custom painting the Hot Wheels cars.

rick_ingram
02-06-2010, 03:48 PM

There are two TR6s. One silver and one green. I have both.

There is/was also a Newcastle TR6 that a guy was selling on ebay, he was custom painting the Hot Wheels cars.

I'll have to look for the silver one....Ihave the green one.

Banjo
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Yup, got both green and silver of the TR6s. Those are Hot Wheels. Like I said, I've followed Hot Wheels a little closer than Matchbox for several years because they generally had better choices in the "actual classics" category, whereas Matchbox seemed to have gone fantasy/ futuristic for a lot of years. But now it seems they have a growing selection of "real" cars, and some good ones at that. I don't really collect either, but I always take a look for any British, or vintage race cars. I've found some pretty neat stuff over the years. Several Minis, Citroen 2CV,Cunningham, Chapperal, Cheetah, Delorean, Austin Healey 100 (Unfortunately with a big Hot-rod motor sticking out of the bonnet) MG 1100,
johnny Lightning did a British invasion series once. All kinds of neat stuff. Bugeye sprite, Jag e-type roadster, Triumph TR3, Sunbeam Alpine, MGB