PDA

View Full Version : Aging Fast?

KLUTZ
09-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Well,
After driving my TR7 only, for a week, I HAD to take the Buick to pick some stuff up.

MAN.. DO I FEEL SLOW AND OLD NOW.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And, alas.. The Triumph goes in hybernation in another week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif Especially wrong since it has been around 80 degrees here for over a week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Oh Well.

Bugeye58
09-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Paul. I feel your pain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was driving a Volvo wagon today, and I felt like I was ready for shuffleboard, and a hot toddy.
But, I'm driving my Midget until the snow flies and the salt trucks come out! Which, if todays weather was any indication, will be all too soon.
Jeff

ObiRichKanobi
09-29-2004, 12:25 AM
I too am rueing the day in the not too distant future when I put the Spider to bed for her long winter's nap. However, weather here's not too bad. Hope the hibernaton is long way off, as my other vehicles (2000 DeVille and 91 F250 4x4) are about a different from the Spider as can be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

Steve
09-29-2004, 12:43 AM
I have two VW Passats to play with during the inclement weather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vagt6
09-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I feel your pain. I sold my GT6 last month and I'm waiting on a new MINI Cooper S to satisfy by sports car jones.

Can't wait to get my hands on it! I may have to get another Triumph next spring, too.

urchin
09-29-2004, 07:23 PM
It's a gamble, but I don't put my '80 TR-7 Spider up for the winter - and in Maine, that's serious winter. I do have a '66 Land Rover Series II-A for problem driving times, but the TR-7 is really a great snow car. The extra wear and mileage do cause pain, though.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Super 7
09-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Are you in Vinalhaven all year round? Neat place I'll bet.

Is there any surf there? I've gone to the Owl's Head museum with my dad lots of times.

To me, miles and wear are a plus. Its the salt corrosion that breaks my heart. .

[ QUOTE ]
'66 Land Rover Series II-A for problem driving times, but the TR-7 is really a great snow car. The extra wear and mileage do cause pain, though.

Best wishes,

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

waltesefalcon
09-29-2004, 09:49 PM
I think the reason the 7 makes a good snow car is it has the natural ability to burrow beneath the snow with its cheese wedge design.

frankenstang57
09-29-2004, 11:59 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI need to get my F-250 put back together before it snows so I can put up the Stag. The Spitfire doesn't run or even have a top, don't care about that. I do have a beater Dodge 600 convert that is going to do snow duty. But then again, the weather out here is generally pretty nice year 'round, and even better, no salt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif