PDA

View Full Version : I blew my budget



laydent
01-27-2001, 11:37 AM
Well doing the tally on all the bills from my body guy, parts I have put in, the leather covers and foams for seats, etc the verdict is in...
I am now officially past what I paid for my 67 2+2 in November by several hundred dollars.
NOw that isn't a bad thing cause I have one heck of a daily driver to scoot around in and a wife who is willing to let me play. And of course this is the 1st car in 15 years that I can call mine. (That helps with the wife part.)
I have less than the cost of a new car in a really cool old car.
So what's the point? Buyer beware when a newbie decides to jump into the E game.
My project is almost complete (at least as of today, right now)so It is starting to be time to sit in the sun and watch the countryside move by.

Basil
01-27-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by laydent:
Well doing the tally on all the bills from my body guy, parts I have put in, the leather covers and foams for seats, etc the verdict is in...<snip>

I can relate! I don't even want to think about what I have in my OTS and I'm nowhere near finished! Do you have pictures on a web site that you could post here? (See the FAQ on how to post images - it's easy but you have to have your pictures residing on a server (i.e., a home page) somewhere.

Cheers,


------------------
https://www.britishcarforum.com/files/basil.gif
1967 Jaguar E-Type OTS
1E13333, Silver Blue

Charles #677556
01-27-2001, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by laydent:
I am now officially past what I paid for my 67 2+2 in November by several hundred dollars.

Laydent;
Exceeding the "cost" of the Jag should never be a "Standard" to use for a restoration.. If that were the case, I would have never been able to start restoring my '53 XK 120 DHC that I purchased for $300 in '67!!
I tell folks wishing to restore a classic or antique to do so for thenselves.. not the value (or expected value) of the car..
After all, how much is driving around in a classic Jaguar worth?? Priceless!! That's why they make MasterCard.. to buy Jag parts, right?? ;-}

------------------
Charles #677556

Basil
01-27-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Charles #677556:
[QUOTE]
Laydent;
Exceeding the "cost" of the Jag should never be a "Standard" to use for a restoration.. If that were the case, I would have never been able to start restoring my '53 XK 120 DHC that I purchased for $300 in '67!!
I tell folks wishing to restore a classic or antique to do so for thenselves.. not the value (or expected value) of the car..
After all, how much is driving around in a classic Jaguar worth?? Priceless!! That's why they make MasterCard.. to buy Jag parts, right?? ;-}



And when that runs out, there's always Visa! https://www.britishcarforum.com/ubb/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Basil

laydent
02-01-2001, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Basil:
And when that runs out, there's always Visa! https://www.britishcarforum.com/ubb/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Basil
ahhhh yes Visa. Dang and I have been using the old MasterCard.
I'll be posting some pics of the start to finish(for winter) project. This is never going to be complete but I'm having a blast and have a cool wheel to wheel in.