View Full Version : Spitfire Parts questions for Spit

12-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I have a couple questions about parts that hopefully someone can answer.
These may sound stupid but I'd like to knoww before I order.
Question 1 - Does any know if the key shaped actuator (the one that breaks where the roll pin goes thru) on the outside Spitfire door handles (VickyBrit) comes with the door handle. The breakdown view in the catalog does not show it.
Question 2 - Does anyone know if the Automec copper brake pipe offered from Rimmer Bros. have the bubble end needed for the Spit brakes.
Lakeland, FL

12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't know about the ones from Rimmer Bros. but the ones I got from Spitbits had the proper ends. I believe they are the same set. If so the pipes are all a little on the long side but can be shaped properly with a little imagination.

12-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Do you mean that nylon thingy in the the door handles that the part you pull on actuates?

If so, yes, you have to buy the whole stinken' door handle to get it.


You have access to a machine shop and make a few out of brass.

let's see if I can make this work.


zat what's youse lookin' for?