PDA

View Full Version : First time in my life after 7 yrs

pvergon
09-20-2004, 09:16 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif just wanted to share with you all that this last saturday was the first time i ever heard my engine "rooar" for the first time in my life. to make the story short, this car stopped working when i was a little boy, which means that i dont recall itīs sound ... now that iīm almost 30, after 7 yrs of restoration i heard it working perfectly after several amount of hours invested in the engine and transmition. it was beautiful!!!!!!!! i must say, deffenetly worth waiting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif so for those of you who are still working out there on your engine ... keep the patience ... cause its worth it. for those of you who are rolling, enjoy them as much as you can ... greetings from guatemala ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Mickey Richaud
09-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Hola, Pablo - Felicitaciones para su exito!

It is so rewarding to hear the engine come to life. I'm about ready to try to start the MGB that I've been working on, though not for as long as you have. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mickey

Steve
09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hola, Pablo - Felicitaciones para su exito!

Mickey

[/ QUOTE ]

Er.......what he said. I hope it was nice! Congratulations, well done. That really is a great feeling isn't it?

Dale
09-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure any one on this forum can appreciate how you felt when your engine came to life. Keep us posted on future developements.

steve99
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Congrats & big grins. Now just imagine hearing that sound while the world passes by the winshield.

sammyb
09-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Cheers, L'chaim, Prost and all those other toast lines!

Outstanding, and congrats.

Few engine/exhaust notes are as fun (and surprisingly big from such a small lump!) as a TR2-6's.

Enjoy,
Sam

Kurtis
09-20-2004, 11:48 PM
I can only imagine how you must feel. During my engine rebuild, I only went a little over a year without hearing the "roar" of my engine, and I distinctly recall the feeling of euphoria I experienced the first time in caught fire after the down time.

Good luck in getting the car back on the road!

vagt6
09-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Congratulations, that's a big milestone in any restoration project. I'll bet you'll always be able to recall the sound you heard that day.

Believe it or not, I can still hear my first GT6 engine with the Ansa exhausts (very loud), and I sold it almost 30 years ago!

MGTF1250Dave
09-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Aloha,

Congratulation on this significant achievement. I'm sure it is a proud moment for you, as it should be. I'm additionally happy that one more Triumph has been returned to life. This will no doubt further motivate you to complete the restoration. Good Luck.

I read your post at about the same time son telephoned me to say he just started the engine in his TR3. He just reassembled the engine after rebuilding the cylinder head. He was both excited and proud of his accomplishment.

Safety Fast,
Dave

Simon TR4a
09-22-2004, 11:18 AM
We all share your joy!
Very encouraging to hear of your success for someone like me just starting on a major rebuild!
Simon.

pvergon
09-23-2004, 03:22 AM
thank you all ... i must say that all of this has been against all odds considering that this car has a Jtype overdrive and since itīs so hard to find spare parts and people who really know about these cars here in Guatemala, Central America. thanks ....... paul.

pvergon
09-25-2004, 02:32 PM
thank you all, itīs been really rewarding, iīm now in the last details of tunning the engine and unluckily i have a leak on the transmition which means that soon iīll have to repair it, but hey that is part of the fun, itīs kind of wierd cause somehow i dont want the repairing phase to end, cause itīs been all so much fun, but, money wise i know iīll be a relief to know that i no longer have en excuse to spend a whole bunch of money on "my precious" TR.

thank you all itīs so much fun to share these experiences with other crazy car lovers that truely understand what this hobby is all about.

keep practicing your "espaņol - spanish"... for all of you who tried ... saludos,

Paul Vernon