PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A My "New/Old" `57 TR3 coming Dec. 05-09:

toysrrus
11-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Howdy Folks,

I would like to just introduce My `57TR3 Small Mouth that I`m picking up Sat. 12-05. VIN # is; (TS21162L): "Thanx Marv"!

The plan here is a "Body On" Rest. but??? Maybe a "Body Off"??? I`m going to change colors from Its (Non Orig) Red to either a "Primrose Yellow or Dove Gray" both with a Dk. Red/Maroon Int. I hope to have her on the road by March, 2010.

Here`s a most current pic as purchased:

Check back for the progress.

Its good to be back here on the "Triumph Forum"!

Regards, Russ

tinman58
11-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Congrats Russ!!
The TR looks great . You can do a great restore job by March. You just need to have lots-o-money, ambition and drive to drive the TR, and keep us informed with lots of picts.

Gundy
11-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Congrats Russ! Now just get that puppy up and ready for Walter Mitty days at Road Atlanta.
:cheers:

tdskip
11-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Congratulations Russ.

drooartz
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Congrats! I hope it gives you many good miles.

NickMorgan
11-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Well done Russ. It should be a great wee car. I would go for the grey. I think it suits the small mouth nicely!

prb51
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Excellent, can't wait to look for your updates

emmett1010
11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Russ-
I think that the Gray/Maroon color combo is one of my favorites!
I don't know how much you can get done by March, but I'll bet that you'll be riding before you know it.
Good luck, Emmett

toysrrus
12-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Howdy Folks,

"Thanx" for the "Welcome Back" party.

I recently sold my `59 Bugeye to generate the necessary $$$ to complete the TR3 project "QUICKLY". As they say "Plan the Work & Work the Plan". Thats exactly what I`ve done so far. I have the Mechanical & Body folks in line just waiting for the TR to be delv. This Sun 12-06; The "Body/Restoration" gent is coming over the house to take a close look & We`ll determine then "Body-Off or Body-On". Immediatley the "Front Apron & Wings" will be removed for easy access & removal of the Engine & Trans for detailing (Hopefully not too much Mech. work here). I have the project cost figured out in a "Worst Case" scenario so there will be no surprises (Hopefully) but We all know how that works.

Emmett; I too am leaning more towards the "Dove Gray". I`m going to try to attach a pic of one here for everyones pleasure. By the way; This one sold on ebay for $36K approx. a yr ago. That is "Not" my motivation.

Regards, Russ

toysrrus
12-01-2009, 04:02 AM
OOOPHS; Forgot the pic!

6969ronin6969
12-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Russ,

Just noticed you are in Pickens, SC. I am in Spartanburg and work in Greenville. I drive my '56 TR3 in from time to time (drove it in today actually). We should get together sometime.

Take it easy,

Eric

toysrrus
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Howdy Eric,

Getting together sounds Great to me. There are a ton of great roads out here for an LBC tour. I live near Table Rock Mtn. & 1/2 mi. from "The Rock @ Jocassee". Why don`t you shoot me an email (toysrrus@att.net) & We`ll chat a bit.

There`s a gent who owns a Bugeye who lives right near by in Pumpkintown. He goes by the name of "Gundy"; Who I`m sure would love to get together as well.

By the way; How familiar are you with our club? If not; Check it out at: www.fbccsc.org (https://www.fbccsc.org)

Talk to You soon,

Regards, Russ

PS: When you send me an email; Please send a pic of your TR as well.

billspit
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Eric
In case you didn't know, there is also a Brit car club that is based in Spartanburg. Meets first Saturday of every month at the Beacon. Meeting starts at 9 am. Earlier if you need to put on the feed bag. You may have already stopped by before. I usually remember TR3s.

6969ronin6969
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Will you be there this Sat. then? I'll have to try and make some time. I love looking at all kinds of cars so that sounds great!

billspit
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes I should be there. I have a wedding to go to later in the day, but that should not interfere.

We meet in the front room to the left. Look for a bunch of older white guys and a few wives.