PDA

View Full Version : E-type Vs XKR

COUNTACH
12-30-2000, 07:25 PM
E type weighs less & the early cars were pure sports cars developed from the mighty conquering D-type. The XKR has a supercharger & a large technology advantage.
Which would you prefer & why ?

Basil
12-30-2000, 07:54 PM
Personally, I'd like both, but if I had to choose, it would be the E-Type. Why? Cuz I already have one ;)

Cy

COUNTACH
12-31-2000, 10:38 AM
Cy have u driven an XK8 or an XKR ? how does it compare to the E type ?

Basil
12-31-2000, 01:12 PM
No, I have not driven either, but my business partner used to be the GM at the local Jag dealer, so I've been around them and ridden in them. The XK8 and XKRs are both very hi-tech compared to the E-Type. For me, I like the simpler raw-sports car feel of the older British Cars.

Shinobi
08-09-2001, 09:21 PM
If I had to pick a car for a daily driver, I would choose the XK8 without a second thought. Much more reliable, much easier for me to drive and whatnot. My friend owns a '71 XKE convertible and just to drive it I would have to shrink the steering wheel about 2". As it is, I sit about level with the windshield trim. It would make a hideous daily driver for me. With a little work, such as lower bucketed seats and whatnot, I could probably turn it into a decent driving car, but I could not picture myself driving the XKE every day.
-Steve

JBsC5
09-09-2001, 12:22 AM
As much as I love the E type..I have to say todays technology is hard to beat..The reliability and performance of the new XKR is amazing..but splitting the time differential thats to be expected..

with all the years that have past..the E type truly is a thing of beauty..

Art in its truest form.

Cy..you are a lucky man!

egregious
10-15-2001, 04:22 PM
Apples and oranges. Depending on the area (urban vs. rural), the R would be a far better daily driver. However, if your commute is all backroads, no traffic...what better way to get there than via E-Type?!?

Sounds like a win/win to me!

------------------

'98 Jaguar XJR
'65 Corvette conv 327/350hp, 4 speed, Nassau Blue
'00 Corvette conv. 6 speed, Navy Blue Metallic