PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A sunvisors-- TR3

jayhawk
09-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Drove the ol' TR3 last evening and got blinded by the late setting sun-- prompted me to look in the catalogues for after market sunvisors-- anyone tried them or know of other options? Which is best, tinted? opaque?

Thanks Pete

DonP
09-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I have always had a tinted one on the drivers side for just that kind of thing. Works pretty well, up to a point. Added value, you can tilt it up with the top down and it works like a mini-spoiler. (Back when I had hair that mattered to me)

Mine is so old I can't recall where I got it, probably Moss or their 1969 equivalent.

The brackets clamp onto the windscreen at the top with a couple of little allen set screws and you can button the top on right over it. I never got around to buying one for the passenger's side.

MGTF1250Dave
09-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Aloha Pete,

I think the only ones available for a TR3 are the tinted type. All the usual LBC dealers have them. The side screens in clear Plexiglas are a nice item also. Like Don said, they help reduce glare and also work well to reduce wind buffeting with the top down. I;m sure you could cover them with vinyl if you want. I would suggest replacing the set screws (grub screw) with stainless steel ones before you install them. It will make it easier to remove them down the road.

Safety Fast,
Dave

martx-5
09-18-2004, 05:07 PM
I found the easiest solution to that problem is to wear a baseball cap.