PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR 6 Door hinges

hondo402000
10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Has anyone fixed the slop in their door hinges by just replacing the pins? one thing lead to another, new hood, new paint new door skins now new hinges, Floor pans next? Maybe I should rebuild the motor too,,,, not

Hondo

tdskip
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Interesting question Hondo - will be interesting to see if anyone has had success with that.

kodanja
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I just bought new hinges and replaced the old ones!

you wont be sorry!

https://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32885&SortOrder=5

martx-5
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
When I restored my TR3, I bought four new hinges for the doors. The top one on the driver's side was really bad. You could lift the door up and down the better part of an inch. The new hinges on that side worked out great. When I put the new hinges on the passenger side, the back of the door rode up too high, so I put the original top hinge back on, and despite the wear (not nearly as much as the driver's side), the door fell right into line. Go figure... :laugh:

hondo402000
10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
well I bit the bullet and ordered the new hinges today, so I will have the old set to experiment with when I am bored, but until the painting is finished I wont be bored and by the time the new hinges wear out I will probably be dead

so no worries

Hondo