PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Hello

svtmikey
09-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Just wanted to say hello to all...I'm new to this forum, so far it looks real good!
I am in the middle of a "frame off" on a 69 GT6+, I imagine I'll be needing a lot of advise!
Anyway..hi to all, hope to talk to you soon!

Dale
09-11-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey great! I get to be the first to welcome you to this great forum. Glad to have another Triumph fan on board. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress and if you need help or encouragement this is the place. Good Luck

Bugeye58
09-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mike.
I'm almost finished with a frame off, nut and bolt resto on a '67 GT6MkI.
I feel your pain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

sammyb
09-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the insane asylum! We have a lot of fun here, and these fellows are a great source of help (and often comfort,) after something breaks!

Where in WA are you?

Sam

screenprinter
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi Mike,
Like Jeff said - "I feel your pain" - I have my 70 GT6+ sitting as a shell under my carport with 3grand worth of new parts in the garage and about a thound hours in everything I took off the car being stripped, repaired, rebushed, repainted, etc.
They really are wonderful little cars but redoing one the right way is sorta like Heroin addiction - The more you get into it the more you want, nothing is ever "good enough", "fast enough" or "enough enough". Add to that the fact that it's almost impossible to break the habit and you have a right proper bleeder mate!

Ain't it great?

Unless the ground cracks open and swallows me up I'll probably be working on one of my LBC's when my pump fails and I keel over into a freshly painted panel or something - But I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

This is the right place to be - Lotsa collective knowledge available for the asking -

Once again, welcome and Carry On!

Bob M. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Steven
09-13-2004, 04:43 PM
and that's enough.

waltesefalcon
09-13-2004, 05:11 PM
welcome aboard Mike. Its always good to have another Triumph enthusiast join the club. Hoepfully we will be able to help you out with anything that gives you a problem. Good luck on the resto and enjoy.