PDA

View Full Version : It's a bird, it's a...

judow
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
plane. No! It's tumbleweed. Agatha and I went for drive this morning (Actually had a golf lesson, you can all stop laughing now and no I'm not allowed on the course yet.)and on our way back the winds were gusting to 40-50 mph. It took a really large tumbleweed from one side of the road to the other and alas we were in the middle with no place to go. I just got through vacuuming Agatha and found pieces in places I didn't know existed. It was so fierce I actually couldn't see for a split second as it came up and attached itself momentarily to the windscreen. I pulled over to the side of the road and had to dislodge the sucker. Moral of story: "Watch out for the tumblewood, they can attack!"

:driving:

AngliaGT
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
"Rolling along with the tumbling tumbleweeds"?
What would Roy & Dale have done?

- Doug

martx-5
09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
"Rolling along with the tumbling tumbleweeds"?
What would Roy & Dale have done?

- Doug

Trigger and Buttermilk would have taken care of it. :cheers:

I wonder if Nellybelle ever got tangled up with the tumbleweeds? :laugh:

anthony7777
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
judow, ya mean ya didnt mount the optional tumbleweed guards, oh boy!! :jester:

tony barnhill
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
HEADLINE: Tumbleweed Attacks Bugeye Thinking It's a Bug!

BabaKahawa
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Tis the season for those pesky weeds.
Watch out - it is also the "tumbleweed in the sky season".
Watch out for those wacky guys in their flying machines.
IT'S BALLOON FIESTA!!
Hit one of those and they may drag you to the curb for Champagne!

:thirsty:

judow
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the laugh guys. Hey Baba - are you going to the Fiesta of Cars on Sunday. There are several of us that are showcasing our cars at the Balloon Fiesta. I don't know how many. If you are interested let me know and I'll give you the particulars. I don't know where in NM you are but you might want to give it a thought. :banana:

BabaKahawa
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I'll be looking at all those pretty leaves changing color on the train in Chama.
The Fiesta of cars sounds like fun, maybe next year.
Say hi to all those balloon dudes!!
See you at this months meeting.

:thankyousign:

judow
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Well shucks! (I pm'd you as I am confused.) Apparently you know me but I'm not sure who you are. It's not smart to confuse an old lady! As I said to my golf instructor when she gave me an attaboy - I'd believe you but even I know you're not stupid. I compliment a little old lady with a mean streak and a golf club a/k/a weapon in her hand too.

BTW We won't be at the next Healey meeting as we'll be in New England and viewing the fall foliage among other things.

:banana:

judow
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Well dah. I just figured it out. I know who you are. the '72 BMW gave you away. I guess at my age you just take a little longer to understand the clues. :savewave:

DrEntropy
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I wasn't gonna belabor the question about HOW many old 3.0 CS BMW's could still be around your area, Judy.

Glad ya sussed it on yer own. :wink:

judow
10-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Like I said Doc, at OUR age we sometimes take a little longer to solve the mystery. lol

Oh and I did get a pm confirming my solution and I was correct...

Enjoy your day.