PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Wiring

mountainman
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a CLASSIC CAR WIRING DIAGRAM that came with the car, along with a Haynes manual. However neither of them show the little beehive red light in the rear. Also I have a new wiring harness which seems to have more wires than the diagram. Example: the CLASSIC shows 4 wires[green,green/red,green/white,brown/black] coming out of the conrol head where I actually have[blue/white,green/brown,brown/black,blue/red]. I'm confused and do not want to burn any wires. Where might I find a up dated wiring diagram?
thanks
Greg

DrEntropy
09-29-2009, 04:19 PM
A good "Rule-of-Thumb" for ANY LBC is that the blue ones (tracer is: white=HIGH, red=LOW) are headlights. Green with tracer (CAN'T remember left from right... white MAY be right) are the turn signals. Red are the running lights.

Any brown is a power supply and with a tracer is switched. An all black one is a ground.

NutmegCT
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Greg - take a look at this:

https://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf

They've done a great job of making readable wiring diagrams for the TR2/3/4.

Tom
PS - there's a very rare possibility your wiring has been "modified" by previous owners :jester:

Andrew Mace
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Green with tracer (CAN'T remember left from right... white MAY be right) are the turn signals.Correct! My mnemonic device to remember that is simple enough: "white" and "right" pretty much rhyme, "red" and "left" don't quite rhyme but do have the same vowel sound.

mountainman
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks, guy's I think I got it.
Greg