PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Free '69 TR6 with extra engine

sammyb
09-10-2004, 11:34 PM
My mother in law just called me and told me of an ad in the Little Nickel for a '69 TR6 with extra engine and parts -- doesn't run, but could with a little work -- FREE.

Called, but the woman said "Already been taken care of."

Dang! Obviously, she doesn't feel what we feel for TRs. I would have paid for it, even if it was a rust bucket!

frankenstang57
09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gifCrap! A day late and a dollar short! I missed a rust-bucket T-R6 at a local auction by 20 minutes. The thing sold for $300 and ran and moved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif On that note, one of my buddies is into German Lawn Art, also read 924S/944's.(I even have one sitting in my driveway due to him, and no, it does not run) He went be-bopping into a local Pull-N-Save about 20 minutes after an '87 944T showed up. After a quick look at it, it was his for $650. It had a strut bar, coilovers, new tires, boost and fuel controllers, new tires, all in all about $5k or so in gofast parts alone. We figure it had a lunched motor due to a busted t-belt and would be an awesome doner for a LT-1 swap.(yes, we have even molested a P-car with a sbc; https://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/The-Nightmare-Begins?page=1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif) Anyway, it turned out it needs a rear main and maybe a turbo. What does this hafta do with British cars, well unfortunately not much, but it is about that illustrious "SCORE!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif