PDA

View Full Version : new here, hi!

frankenstang57
09-10-2004, 02:13 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gifI'm new here and would like to say HI! I've owned a '76 Spit in the past(wifey hated it) only to move on to 2 Stags and back to a '74 Spit.(I still have the Stags, wifey likes!) The Spit is going to become a v-8 powered race car and run in the GRM $2005 Challenge. The Stags are both '73's. My driver is pimento with a black interior. It has 28k original miles and is good shape, but has a Buick motor swap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif The other Stag was a friend's dad's car. It was in the family for quite a while and very well maintained up until it was rear-ended by a Suburban. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It's 100% original(except for a color change, purple to pimento), AC, OD, both tops, v8. Anywhoo, I rebuild wrecked cars as a hobby and plan on putting it back together sometime in the distant future. I look forward to chattin' with you guys!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

screenprinter
09-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Well Frank - welcome to the forum - Your website is Unique, to say the least - I plan on delving it thouroughly as time permits. Lots of good folks here so I know you'll enjoy the eaxperience and knowledge!

Cheers!

Bob M.

Steve
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Welcome aboard! I've always been a fan of the Stag, and used to own a '76 Spitfire myself. It'll be fun to have you around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Simon TR4a
09-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi Frankenstang! I have followed your exploits for some time through the GRM forum, but didn't know you also had the Triumph bug. (I used to post occaisionally as Triumphracer). Anyway, welcome!
Simon.

waltesefalcon
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Welcome aboard Frank. Good to have another Triumph fan come into the fold. Hope you enjoy it here.

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif
Walter

P.S. pretty cool website you've got there.

frankenstang57
09-10-2004, 09:07 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gifHey, thanx guys. I've alway been a big Triumph fan, but Mustangs are soooo cheap and plentiful, but very boring. I hope I don't offend anyone around here by hacking up a car or two. I can appreciate the purest prospective and would never do anything nasty to a classic.(like my Stags) The poor little Spit is doomed though, bound to be reborn as a v8 monster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif More on that later. Thanx again for the welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

sammyb
09-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the looney bin! We like people who are car crazy -- and you'll find that many of us (including Basil) are split-personalities, and own both little british cars and big American V8s.

Cheers!
Sam

Dale
09-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Let me add my hearty welcome to a fellow Triumph enthusiast and a nearly neighbor from another 4 corners state. Thanks for the interesting posts and keep 'em coming.

aeronca65t
09-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Belated Welcome, F-Spit!

What are you planning to do with the Spitty rear?

....and I see you are a GR Challenge guy. Three of my students finished 5th in the $2004 Challenge (Nathan Crisman, Joe Petrarca and Ryan Hettenbach in Nate's Mitsu-DS). Here's their car:
https://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/talonpics_files/talondriverside.jpg

StagByTriumph
09-13-2004, 11:26 PM
So Dave,
Are you attending the Conclave September 18th and 19th?? Hope to see you and your Stag there.

frankenstang57
09-18-2004, 05:38 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif <font color="green">The rear, well that's a secret. Let's just say I'm conspiring with a certain Mr. Crabil... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Glenn, I'm going to try and make it, it's up to the wife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif The Stag however won't be, the radiator needs to be replaced in order to drive it that far. I'm welding a new cab corner into my F-250 and have nothing to pull the trailer for now. Hopefully after the '05 Challenge I'll get it done. </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif