PDA

View Full Version : clucking noise

bigbadbluetr6
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Hey lbcer's
I was out in my TR6 and shifted and when I released the clutch it made a cluck noice like something in the rear end or trannsmission is broke or just loose. This same noice occurs when in any gear and you push on the gas and then let off it makes the same noice. Could this have been my overdrive or the rear end? just let me know b/c its something that needs to be fixed before I drive any distance. thanks guys and gals your all awesome.
Eric
73 TR6

ObiRichKanobi
09-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Check the motor mounts and the transmission mount...since it seems to happen when the engine is torquing...

UltimateQuestion
09-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Since it is a "clucking" noise, maybe you should remove the chickens from the boot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Darwin
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Eric,
Just went through this on my spitfire. sounds very much like you have a universal joint that is letting go. Fix it quickly or you can do major damage if it breaks entirely. If yours are like mine have plenty of JB 80 on hand, a BIG hammer, a lot of patience, and an abundance of swear words. You will need all of them.

waltesefalcon
09-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Darwin is right, I went through the same thing on my Spit about two years ago.