PDA

View Full Version : Zandvoort - State of Art GP

MadMarx
09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Hi,

I'd like to add a video from race II from last weekend.
Notice how sharp the rain drops are!

https://picasaweb.google.de/tr4racing/TR4Racing#5381443852892581074

Cheers
Chris

aeronca65t
09-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Always a treat to see the European track....thanks!

That was a great dice with the turquoise car (a TR I guess, but it was a little hard to tell).

I'm heading off to a vintage event at our newest regional track next weekend (New Jersey Motorsports Park near Atlantic City, NJ). Can't wait.

MadMarx
09-15-2009, 07:07 AM
The car you mean IS a TR4. It has a little more power than mine, about 180HP and a 2" wider track compared with mine which has only 170HP. It was so much fun chasing him around. Zandvoort does provide some good grip in the wet....pleasant to drive there.

Cheers
Chris

and good luck for your race weekend. Blow them down!

The weekend over next is racing at her Majesty - The Nordschleife! 300km race distance! 4 hours practice! Hope my car will survive that spectacle.

TR4nut
09-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Chris-

I saw a film clip of you losing a rear axle earlier this year I think. I take it you and the car were not shaken up too badly after that? Were you running with stock axles?

Regards,
Randy

PeterK
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Great video, great sound, superb driving. I always like your race videos.

-Peter

MadMarx
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Chris-

I saw a film clip of you losing a rear axle earlier this year I think. I take it you and the car were not shaken up too badly after that? Were you running with stock axles?

Regards,
Randy

Randy -

I had a bended frame, some body damage at the left and the rear and the domes at the front suspension were moved to the left. The left rear wheel was cracked and deformed.

This all is repaired, painted, welded and so on......

have a look:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/gallery/52/medium/18495.jpg

HerronScott
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Chris,

That was really a blast to watch! Was that a Surrey top on the other TR4? Also, how are the racing classes arranged since I saw you racing against several TR6's as well?

Scott

MadMarx
09-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Scott,

thank you for having fun to watch.
The mint colored TR 4 has a Surrey top with a hard top insert.

The classes are separated in engine sizes. As we have the metric system I run in the 2000 - 2500 ccm class. The TR6 is one class higher. So for wining a tin cup there was no need to overtake him.

Cheers
Chris