PDA

View Full Version : How to fit one Europa inside another Europa....

RobT
09-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Just installed a Becker Europa into my Lotus Europa.

What could be more appropriate(and stylish)!

Actually don't use it - have an IPod and concealed amp for sounds - but the Becker looks so cool!

Seen here in my all-original crinkly dash:

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/RobTh/Becker.jpg

The dash cut-out is the perfect size - no "fettling" required.

Rob

tony barnhill
09-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Get ready for some good sounds - while it works! My old Becker Europa would go out once every 6 months or so - just the AM side....we'd send it in to Becker & they'd repair it & it'd last another 6 months or so....but, great sounds....does yours have the weather channels?

Brosky
09-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Veddy British looking, you know!

DrEntropy
09-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Looks appropriate, Rob.

By '74 we were schtupping Blaupunkt units in that hole. With cassette players built right in. Very high tech!

RobT
09-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Veddy British looking, you know!

Blimey - when I do hook it up it will only play Wagner!

To the Doc's comment - I'm suprised cassette players in '74 - wasn't 8-Track all the rage back then? (First car I owned had an 8-track player - now there was a "seamed like a good idea at the time" technology.)

I'll stick with the IPod. (Intrestingly these have a 5-pin DIN plug in the back and you can get an adapter for feeding an external source - including an IPod - directly into the radio. Not bad for a '60s radio. Its only mono though.)

Rob.

DrEntropy
09-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Very "new" then. Actually it was '75, I worked at a dealership. Taking prospective buyers on a demo ride was umm... interesting. :wink:

Reactions were everything from "Where do I sign?" to "Okay, okay, pull over... I'm gonna puke!"

Western PA backroads. :devilgrin: