PDA

View Full Version : Tribute.

ecurie_ecosse
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone. It's the 11th of September and I have put the flag out in tribute to those who died or were injured on that day. 9/11.

Stuart. :cheers:

Basil
09-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Thank you! Some local folks had a large sign they stretch across one of the interstate overpasses I drive under on the way to work each morning.

aerog
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Well said.

I went out and flew from 8:15 to 9:15, exercising a personal freedom (and source of livelihood) that was completely taken away from me for over a week in 2001 with really no idea if we'd ever get that freedom back.

Those attacks weren't just to kill people. Their intent was (I believe) to do irreparable damage our freedom and liberties. The lives lost on that day give cause for memorial, pride, and tribute. Those half-masted flags also should remind everyone that the freedoms and liberty we enjoy are sometimes fragile things. I think that too is worth remembering on this day.

Brosky
09-11-2009, 10:55 AM
The President has ordered that all flags fly at half mast today. Let us never forget.

DrEntropy
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
<deleted>

My anger is "uncontained".

Gray_Cat
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I hear you Doc. I worked with and knew a lot of people that died there. Every time 9/11 rolls around I try to think of something to do in their memory but I find remembering them is the best I can do.
Charlie,Bob,Jennie,Gayle,Art,Dorothy,Jim and all the others, I will remember you always and pray you are truly in a better place my friends.
Via Con Dios
Roy

vagt6
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Our main fire station has a flag that flew over a Marine base in Iraq, a very large one. It's being displayed at the fire house all day today.

City firefighters are giving guided tours of the fire station today. Kids laughing, climbing on the fire trucks, free refreshments, too. It's a happy kind of thing. Many of our firefighters are veterans, and a fair number are vets of recent wars. It's the way they wanted to pay respect to the 9/11 victims.

No one knows what freedom means better than a combat veteran, I think.

Some folks enjoy public displays and commemorations, others, quiet contemplation and reflection.

It's strange and sad why we must always pay such a high price for freedom. Maybe one day we'll all learn how to get along . . .

Brosky
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]No one knows what freedom means better than a combat veteran, I think.[/QUOTE]

Only those families who have a combat veteran come home with wounds or under a flag draped coffin know it as well.

Let us never forget........

DrEntropy
09-11-2009, 05:45 PM
The "second shoe" has not dropped yet.

I'm a war vet. I'm a professional observer. I see stuff which only later is recognized for what it is... "Readiness", "situational awareness", call it what you will. I ~know~ when th' ship is about to hit th' sand. In the moment I've been pooh-pooh'd, argued against, downright defied. After it's over I'm asked how I knew.

People are sheep. Soft, clueless and compliant. The unfortunate price of an open society.

It's up to the experienced to either try to explain it QUICKLY or survive on their own. Just th' way it is.

Lead, follow, or get th' heck outta th' way.

Brosky
09-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Be aware of what is happening around you at all times.

Try to anticipate what you would do if you were the enemy and knew the weaknesses that exist in your world.

Never think that you always have the upper hand in any situation and know what to do if attacked.

Trust no one..........

Sound familiar?

DrEntropy
09-11-2009, 07:29 PM
HooBoi.

Issat a character flaw?

:smirk:

DrEntropy
09-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh... and ALWAYS look UP!!! :laugh: