PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Wheel choices for TR6

VanHalenMan
09-08-2004, 02:23 AM
What are some wheel choices we have? I've seen like 1 type of aftermarket wheel, I think they are panasports. I saw some Crager Thrust style wheels on a TR6 but I wondered if they were custom.

are there any sites for wheels on these badboys? These steelies are getting old.

Rick O.
09-08-2004, 09:56 AM
I have a set of Revolution classic 5-spokes (https://www.ttrsracing.com/revolution.htm) on my six. The popular choices are Panasports (from Japan) or Minilites/Minillite repros. Depends on the look you desire.

big6
09-08-2004, 10:15 AM
I run panasports on my TR6. I changed wheels because one of my stock wheels has cracking around the mounting holes. My set of panasports are 15 inch wheels 6 inches wide and 205 tires. I have friends that run 16 inch wheels 7 inches wide with a lower aspect ratio tire. Tire rub seems to be an issue with them. The wheels I run are actually 1 inch over Datsun 240Z wheels. I also modified 240Z alloy rear brake drums (much cheaper than TR6 alloys and you can purchase them at AutoZone). Most wheel shops do not have a TR6 listing but they usually have a 240Z listing.

Terry
'76 TR6