PDA

View Full Version : Classic Carson

Basil
09-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Stumbled on this while watching some YouTube vids.

https://www.youtube.com/v/F4RIBhQIkII&amp;feature=player_embeddedBhQIkII&amp;feature =player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

DrEntropy
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Jack Webb cracked a grin!!!

That's great, Basil! Thanks fer puttin' it up.

...and Carson's smirk is as good as it gets.

bugimike
09-07-2009, 05:07 PM
That is one of THE classics from the Tonight Show!! Thank for the laughs!

Brosky
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Carson was probably the greatest entertainer that we'll ever see on television.

He made us laugh till it hurt without any vulgarity or profanity.

Basil
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Carson was probably the greatest entertainer that we'll ever see on television.

He made us laugh till it hurt without any vulgarity or profanity.

And he didn't take cheap shots (well, expect maybe for poor Wayne Newton)

Andrew Mace
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
That is one of THE classics from the Tonight Show!! Thank for the laughs! Agreed! To me, it even tops the infamous Ed Ames tomahawk throw and might be second only to George Gobel's famous "Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?" line.

Regarding the Jack Webb bit, does anyone else remember the original closing line from the routine (often cut in replays such as that YouTube video), where Jack Webb refers to the crime as a "412 (or some number)...klutzy comedy"?

Basil
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
That is one of THE classics from the Tonight Show!! Thank for the laughs! Agreed! To me, it even tops the infamous Ed Ames tomahawk throw and might be second only to George Gobel's famous "Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?" line.

Regarding the Jack Webb bit, does anyone else remember the original closing line from the routine (often cut in replays such as that YouTube video), where Jack Webb refers to the crime as a "412 (or some number)...klutzy comedy"?

I remember that from some video someone sent me via email once.

JamesWilson
09-08-2009, 09:46 AM
So... it's a classic klutzy comedy caper....

mailbox
09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
So... it's a classic klutzy comedy caper....
.....with clean copper clapers. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif