PDA

View Full Version : I think I owe some apologies

ichthos
09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, I admit I feel horrible. I think I may have insulted some of you on the put put two post - I did this to Dale without knowing it. I am so sorry. I thought the valve in the pic I posted was showing a bad intake valve. I ignorantly confused the intake and exhaust valves. In one of my last comments it looked sarcastic when I was in fact trying to thank Dale. I am very sorry for doing this. All he said was he thought it "may" be the intake valve. He spent a lot of time PM me with tests to help me narrow down the problem and encouraging me when I was totally frustrated. Many of you were not correct in your diagnosis, but I still considered your input very valuable. There are just so many variables to try and narrow down for a problem like this. Part of the problem is I am a rookie and didn't have complete information for you. I know it is hard to narrow down a diagnosis without all the facts. I did not ignore anyones suggestions either. I never expected so many posts and I just didn't get a chance to reply back to all of them. The only test I did not complete was the air test. That was only because I knew I would have to pull the head anyway at that point. Again, I am very thankful for your help and I am sorry to those of you I may have insulted. I know it takes a lot to put yourself out there, and I hope that this doesn't prohibit you from helping in the future.

Kevin

tomshobby
09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Not to worry Kevin, compared to some of the dumb stuff I do you are a saint!

DrEntropy
09-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Chill, Kev. Finding the problem is what it's about. Various bent feathers and imagined insults are just a consequence of the process as it evolves across cyberspace. Words typed can go to a myriad of interpretation. "Eyes of the beholder" an' all that.

Just stay th' course and we're here <span style="font-style: italic">if you post</span>. No apologies, no whining.

"Press on Regardless!"

:wink:

TR3driver
09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
What he said!

angelfj1
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
The fact that you were considerate enough to offer an apology when one wasn't expected just proves that are a gentleman, a rare commodity in today's world!

DrEntropy
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
We now proceed. :cheers:

Brosky
09-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Forget it, but thanks for being a gentleman, even though it's not necessary as Doc &amp; Frank said.

If every post to a question resulted in an instant one time fix, this forum (and every other one) would have one tenth of the posts that it has.

Doc says it best: "No apologies, no whining" and all will be well. We are all here for you, so ask away on whatever you need.

DrEntropy
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
For the record: You are seeing what this place is built to do...
Find, ferret out and FIX what's ailin' these cars.

All else is anecdotal.

Pardon th' cruel truth of it.

:smirk:

Mickey Richaud
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Not to worry, Kevin. In fact, you said it best in one of your posts: that you were in information overload. As already mentioned, the genius of this forum is that there are so many helpful folks willing to step up to the plate. Ironically, sorting through the data can be difficult, especially when there are different suggestions offered.

Folks are trying to "diagnose by proxy" here in cyberland, and that's never easy. And each time I follow a thread such as yours I come away more informed. So post away!

:cheers:
Mickey

pjsmetana
09-04-2009, 10:47 AM
'Tis all good mate. Us knuckle draggers have thick skin! :square:

No harm no foul! Besides, the mood of text is all in the reader's mood, not the writer... unless key descriptive terms, emotes, and so on, are present.

Just keep us all updated on your progress and we will all be happy as a pig in its own 'brown starfish droppings'. We all love pictures too!

Mickey Richaud
09-04-2009, 11:04 AM
...we will all be happy as a pig in its own 'brown starfish droppings'...

And thanks LARGE for that visual, Pete! :eeek:

09-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey Kev,

Don't worry about it. EYE am probably the only person on this forum who has NEVER offended anyone. But that's just me.

You're not CATHOLIC, are you?