PDA

View Full Version : renault 5 gt turbo + insurance

09-06-2004, 06:56 AM
hi...i wasn't sure if this was the right place to post, but it is my very first post on this site, lol. Anyways, i am getting quoted like between 5000 and 7000 per year for this car...this can't be right...can it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Thanks

Steve
09-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Ouch! There are many variables on coverage in the UK......your age for one, then your driving record, any no-claims bonus, where you live, and whether or not the car will be kept in a garage, off the road on a driveway, or on the street, and whether this will be your only car or not. The type of car counts for a lot too, and I think that since these little rockets attract a certain type of driver (who may tend to have more than the average number of claims), the premiums will be rather high. Good luck. And welcome to the forum by the way!

09-07-2004, 06:43 AM
hi, thanks. I am 18, no convictions, no claims, been driving for 4 months so no NCB's, car in the garage overnight and I am a named driver on my mums car...all insurance companies are out to get me, lol...there is an insurance database for these cars on www.insurancequotes.org.uk (https://www.insurancequotes.org.uk) and these people have premiums at like 1.5 - 2K and are in the same position as me...not fair, lol!!! I love this car, ever since I drove my mates one, I wanted one, lol.

Steve
09-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Looks like you'll have to wait........an eighteen year-old driving one of those is looked on as a big accident looking for somewhere to happen. At that age, I stil wanted to drive something "different" and so I drove a classic car, a Saab to be exact. Take a look at a few classics, you will be surprised at how easy.....and cheap.....they can be to insure.

09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
i suppose, thanks