PDA

View Full Version : new 7 kit car - WCM Ultralite

t8nwa
09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I saw one at the ABFM in Portland yesterday. Very nice car. Looks expensive and is.

https://www.wcmultralite.com/

However, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds is .....OH MY!!!

Worth checking out if you have more money for a toy than you should. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alan

Bruce Bowker
09-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Still prefer the style, looks and design of the Caterham Seven which is closely based on the original Series III.

Bruce

Steve
09-06-2004, 12:09 AM
I prefer the Caterham product too........Ultralite (the company itself) was offered for sale recently. Wonder if it found a buyer?

rijk365gtb4
09-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Anybody have any experience with these guys? I'm looking into a Caterhan SV, but would be interested if there are any worthwhile alternatives out there.
The WCM website does not seem operational. How do I get more info abou them?

78Z
09-06-2004, 11:53 PM
The performance is certainly impressive but I like the classic Seven styling better. Honestly in a Seven I don't think I'd need that much power - just make it nice and light.

I dunno if I'd buy from a company that tries to sell its own business on eBay every couple months ...

t8nwa
09-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Only thing I got was a spec sheet and a business card from the NW Regional Sales Manager, Bob Low - boblow21 at comcast dot net.

Truthfully, if you are going kit, the Stalker V6 looks great. Much cheaper too. And now with a supercharger, wow.

They had a Caterham there too. Seemed MUCH wider in the hood area as compared to the original 7 next to it. Or was I seeing things?

Alan

78Z
09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
I like the looks of the Stalker quite a bit - the bonnet is really quite stylish. Cheap donor too.

I'd bet it was much wider than an original Seven. Modern components need more space than say an old Ford cross-flow or an Austin a-series engine.

Jim Weatherford
10-05-2004, 02:50 AM
I prefer the Caterham 7, it is a wonderful driver too.

Super 7
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They had a Caterham there too. Seemed MUCH wider in the hood area as compared to the original 7 next to it. Or was I seeing things?

Alan

[/ QUOTE ]

All the Caterhams are taller in the Hood. The Caterham Roadpork SV is longer and wider too. That is probably what you saw. I'm only 5'10" tall, but the standard 7 fits me just right, except for the pedals being a bit close set for my wide size 12's. I just have to select the correct shoes to wear, and thats fine too.

https://www.uscaterham.com/home.html