PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A apron picture needed please

Adrio
08-21-2009, 03:41 PM
It appears the DPO cut out the little starter handle support that mounts on the little shelf of the TR3A apron. In their defense maybe they were worried about breaking the stud on the starter handle support so they wanted it in their hand before turning the nut.

Anyway, I have a big hole where the support attaches to the apron and I want to weld in the appropriate shaped metal. Does anyone have a picture of the part of the apron without the chrome support part attached? I only need enough to figure out the shape of the sheet metal I have to fabricate.

Thanks.

martx-5
08-21-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't have the support on my apron, so I crawled under the car and took a pic of what I think you're looking for. The rectangular hole measures about 1" x 3/4", and the slotted hole takes a 5/16" bolt or stud. The measurement of the rectangle is not exact. The 1" dimension I was able to get, but the 3/4" is an educated guess as I couldn't squirm in the right position for an exact measurement. If you need that, I'll jack the car up in the AM and get that for you.

Hope this helps...

TexasKnucklehead
08-21-2009, 05:40 PM
My apron is an older style wide mouth. Since it's not on the car, I can take any pictures you wish. At one point I had it mounted, complete with the starter crank holder and both support rods, so I think it is 'correct'.

Jerry

apbos
08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but thanks for the pictures. "Stalter's" mouth is a little bent out of shape. https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3652/3484459293_19120886d3.jpg
Therefore, the bumper brackets that bolt to the frame are bent. In order to repair my apron I am going to need to get them back into position. Could anyone get me their spatial position off the frame so I can straighten them? Thanks for your help.

Paul

Adrio
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the pictures. The information you provide Art, is perfect and I can work with that. It is off to the shop for some metal bashing and welding for me this morning. I hope by this afternoon mine will look somewhat like the picture you sent.